Monday, 26 March 2012

Hauling It #3 - MAC





I haven't really bought anything from MAC in a long time, but over the last few weeks I've been hearing about a good few products, so I decided to treat myself and get a few. I've bought all of these products over the course of a few weeks.



Studio Fix Powder in NW20
Mineralised Skin Finishing Powder in Medium Plus
Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium
Powder Blush in Harmony
Viva Glam Lipstick in Nicki Minaji




Studio Fix Powder: I have been looking for a powder foundation to carry around in my handbag. A friend recommended I try the Studio Fix Powders by MAC. I had one of these years ago and I couldn't remember if I really liked it or not so I decided to try it. When I went to MAC in Brown Thomas the girls was really unhelpful. I was looking to get a few things and she matched me up wrong. Now I am very pale and I said I don't want to be the palest colour as it will wash me out, as its a powder I want to go a shade or two darker. she gave me  NC35. I'm normally in the NW family, but I thought she works her so she probably knows best. I was wrong when i got home saw the colour again my foundation it was all wrong. I had to bring it back and was matched up to NW20, which is still a shade darked than my foundation but its build-able and much easier to work with. Overall I do like this product. I tend to get quite shiny throughout the day and having this compact in my back helps keep the shine away. The mirror is also handy for lipstick top ups. 

Mineralised Skin Finishing Powder: Again this product was recommended to me by the same friend. I really like this powder is doesn't have a shimmery finish like I thought it would and it does give my foundation a lovely warm finish. however the powder some have some fall out when i use my brush. I've started to use a kabuki brush to put it on and it doesn't seem to have as much of a fall out. 

Careblend Pressed Powder:  I know, I got two powders but they are very different. The Careblend powder is one I have been about on YouTube for a bit and is meant to give your face a suede finish. it does work. I use this powder for setting foundation when I'm going out and I want my skin to look as flawless as possible. the mineralised skin finish give my skin a more dewy and natural finish. 

Powder Blush: Again this is a product I have heard a lot about over YouTube. I use this as a contour colour. its a lovely brownish, pinkish colour (I've very had a describing colours). Its there perfect shade for my skin and I now can't live with out it. I use it pretty much every day.

Viva Glam: I love this lipstick the colour is like a pinkish organised colour and at first I was very nervous I wouldn't be able to pull it off but it worked with my skin tone and my hair colour. I've worn this lipstick with a bright pink lipgloss from Barry M and a coral tone lip liner from Essence and I has lasted all day. However I did notice that it does have a some what drying effect on my lips so I just have to make sure I wear lip balm first, but i really do love it :)

So this haul turned it no a bit of a review as well!
Have you tried any of the products? I'm looking to expand my MAC collection is there anything you could recommend as item I should have? Just leave a comment below <3

Talk soon

Avril
Xx


P.S. Sorry its been so long without an update! College has been crazy at the moment. I'm trying to update more regularly now x


1 comment:

  1. Ooh so jealous! You have a full face of makeup right there in that picture! I love Harmony and the Viva Glam Nicki, gorgeous!!

    :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3