Wednesday, 2 May 2012

New Brushes - Real Techniques



So sorry with the abandonment for two weeks I've been in exams and college has been really stressful I am currently in the MSc Advertising and things are very crazy at the moment. We have just started a huge project that will go on for the next 5 weeks so things are a bit mad. But you guys don't really care about that, you wanna hear (read) about my opinions of the Real Techniques Brush. 

Currently I only have two in my collection, which I am very sad about. Really want to get some more ones. I have been watching Pixiwoo on YouTube for over a year and more recently readying their blog and both are amazing. They create some really easy looks that you can; including glamorous and every day. This isn't a review of Pixiwoo but the brushes created by Samantha Chapman (one of the sisters in Pixiwoo) so apologies about the tangent.

Powder Brush
Stippling Brush

These brushes are AMAZING!! I have had the them since January and I know its a very long time and very late to do a review, but I feel like you can't hear it enough. If you don't have any of the Real Techniques brushes in your collection you should invest in some.

Powder Brush: Its soo soft. I really like the fact that it's so big. The whole size of the brush is nearly half my face (slight exaggeration, more like a third) but it means that you only spend a second using it. I would definitely recommend it. 

Stippling Brush: Just to point out, I really don't like this brush for foundation which is what its intended purpose is but it is a great blusher brush, for powder or cream products. It tends to shed with liquid foundations -not good, but using it as a blush brush it really lets you buff the product into the skin giving the effect of really healthy looking skin with a very natural looking flush of colour. And if you use a bit too much blush I jsut use the large Powder Brush to blend it out a bit more and mute the colour slightly. 

Both brushes cost about €14 which is very good considering an eye-shadow brush from MAC costs approximately €17 and these bad boys are worth every penny!!

Do you have any Real Techniques Brushes? If so, any recommendations an which ones to get next?

Avril 
xX



Side Note: I purchased both brushes with my own money and the opinions expressed above are my own and are not endorsed by any third party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3