Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Beauty Blogger Meet #2 - Shopping & Cocktails

Hello All!!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3716821/?claim=dt24k3a29hh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Long time to see (well) you get what I mean. I feel like I have been absent from the blogging world for too long - life just got in the way but now it's time for an update. About 2 weeks ago at this stage I attend a mini beauty blogger meet up. Basically a few of us wanted to go for cocktails and I needed to get a new lipstick for my Graduation. We decided to meet at the MAC entrance  to Brown Thomas (predictable I know). We were meeting here for stage one of the night; find the perfect graduation lipstick. Beauty bloggers in attendance were Aoife from Fashion Turn to the Right,  Tara from Beauty and the Binge, Lisa from Scatter Brained Blogging and Sian from Forever Fabulous in Bows


I had in my head I wanted a Chanel lipstick or a YSL Glossy Stain. I mean what girl doesn't want to celebrate with ANYTHING Chanel. So after wandering around for a while we headed over to YSL to check out the Glossy lip stains. I've heard a lot about them through various beauty blogs but no colour was what I was looking. The same thing happened at the Chanel counter. I did like a lovely orangey/ coral colour and it was meet with mixed reactions from my fellow beauty bloggers. I was wearing a gold sequin dress (wait until you see, its not a bad as it might seem) but because it is gold I had to be careful with which colour I picked. 

 Eventually we decided to head back over to MAC and ask one of the girls to help me. I said I wanted a fun, bright colour. She then handed me a gorgeous pinky, purple called Outrageously Fun. Perfect. I tried it on, showed the beauty bloggers and it was a hit. So say hello to the newest member of my ever growing Lipstick collection. 


Isn't she a beaut??/
I will be doing a proper review in my next post :)

Well after the stressful lipstick shopping we decided we all deserved a treat and headed for a cocktail. We ended up in the Grafton Lounge and ordered some yummy drinks. I had a Pineapple and Sage Margarita, Aoife had a Bellini, Sian had a Cosmopolitan and Lisa and Tara ordered Amaretto Sours.  The drinks themselves were yummy but the service wasn't great.  However it was  two for one on the cocktails so I think I will go back



A snap of the drinks; lighting was terrible so excuse the over exposed flash


Tara and Lisa enjoying drinks 



Sian, Aoife and Me

All in all good evening had and I can't wait for our next blogger meet up :)

Talk Soon

Avril 
Xx




1 comment:

  1. Yay! We have to do it again soon - can't wait to see the whole graduation outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3