Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Glittering in Gold - L'oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in 'Sahara Treasure'


Another blog post to keep you all entertained on the long Winter nights. Another one of my Must Haves during the holiday season is gold; eye shadow, nail varnish, highlighters. So be prepared to see a lot of posts featuring some festive golds.

One of my most recent gold purchases in a L'oreal Colour Infallible Eye Shadow in Sahara Treasure.



I love these eye shadows as they are almost like a pressed pigment. One first blog posts featured some of the L'oreal Colour Infallible Eye Shadow; I'll link that here if anyone what's to read it. They have been compared to Armani 'Eyes to Kill Intense' Eye shadow. I haven't tried Armani's shadow so I can't compare. 




You can see from the swatch above that the colour is not a very bright gold; its almost a dirty gold. The same shade as Fool's Gold if anyone remembers that. 

The way I mostly use this colour is I do a muted Matt smokey eye with a line of black gel eyeliner and pat some of the shadow in the centre of my lid to brighten the look up. (I will do a tutorial on this is a later post). Its a really fun and easy look. They are really long wearing and so soft to apply. 

However the colour is very versatile and can be used as an inner corner highlight ( I have slight obsession with highlighters), an all over lid colour or even its so pigmented its build-able to use as a crease colour. So its actually an investment for many different occasions  and at under €10 a bargain. Sorry guys I can't remember the exact price. 

Have you tried any of the L'oreal Colour Infallibles? Are you a fan of gold for this season? 

Talk Soon

Avril 
Xx

2 comments:

  1. Yay tutorial! Haha, I am determined to get you to do videos :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha really?? I will maybe Sunday if I'm not too tired after graduation :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3