Monday, 21 January 2013

I have been Chosen for The Liebster Award



Last week I awarded with not one but two Liebster Awards!! What is a Liebster Award I hear you ask. well that's exactly what I thought until I read the blog posts about it. It is an award that blogger gives to another blogger who has less than 200 followers as a nod of encouragement. Once you've recieved an award you have to tell everyone 11 randon facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, come up with 11 questions of your own and finally nominate another 11 bloggers to recieved a Liebster Award.


I love the idea behind this as it is such a good example of the blogging community coming together and supporting one another. I was delighted to have been chosen. I was nominated by both Sarah from Princess Wat's Her Name and Lisa from Scatter Brained - so firstly thanks so much I really appreciate it/ it means a lot. As I recieved two nominations before I got to type this reply I will answer both their lists of questions. And here we go: 

11 Random Facts About me:

  1. I am the smallest in my group of friends at 5 ft 1.5".
  2. I named my laptop - Princess Raven Sugarplum
  3. I've a degree in Marketing and a Masters in Advertising.
  4. I spent a summer doing a road trip from LA to New York - we went to LA, Las Vegas, Washington, Boston and New York. 
  5. I can run better in high heels than I can in flats. 
  6. I used to be able to touch my elbows behind my back. 
  7. I work in advertising and one of the most exciting moments was hearing an ad I worked on, on the radio. 
  8. I have no pets but I really want a puppy; preferably an English Bulldog
  9. I hate wearing jeans as they never fit me properly. They're either too long or too big. 
  10. Everyone thinks my sister is older than me - I'm the eldest by three years. 
  11. When I was younger I wanted to be a unicorn when I grew up. 


Lisa's Questions:

1.What's you're favourite colour?

Does leopard print count? No? Pink!!
2. Do you have a hobby other than blogging?
I like to write - my thoughts, poems and other things. I'm also planning on teaching (well I'm gonna try to) myself how to plan the guitar this year. 
3. What was the last thing to make you laugh?
Watching 'Faceoff' ;last night with my Boyfriend. It was the most ridiculous film ever. 
4. What was the last thing to make you cry?
I gave the eulogy at my Grandad's funeral last week - people's kind words afterwords made me cry. 
5. What would be your perfect holiday?
I love exploring new cities - preferably somewhere hotter than Ireland. 
6. What's your favourite lyric from a song?
....I have no idea..
7. What item of clothing/jewellery would you love to own, if money was no object? 
Easy - a Chanel Handbag. 
8. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be?
New York, I just love the city. 
9. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
No but I did think my teddies could talk to me.
10. What's the best piece of advice you ever received?
If you can't be good, be careful - from my Nana no less. 
11.Sunrise or sunset?
I think I'm a sunrise kind of girl. I like getting up early and getting things done. 


Sarah's Questions:

1: Why did you start your blog?
I started I my blog as I loved reading others. I have always loved make up and all things girly and I thought I might have something to add to the b;logging world. 
2: What are your favourite and least favourite parts of blogging?
I love blogging about my opinions on a product - my thought and would I recommend it. 
I dislike taking the pictures of a said product - I am terrible with a camera. Technology repels me. 
3: What is your favourite clothes shop?
Oh hard one but Zara or Forever 21. 
4: What is your dream job?
I would love to be an Account Director of a high end fashion or make up brand. 
5: Do you think guys and girls can ever really just best friends or is there something more?
I think they can as long as they haven't previously dated. 
6: Age old question: Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dog but I love anything fluffy!!!
7: Cadbury or Galaxy?
Oh Cadbury!!! 
8: Film adaptation of books or the original books?
Original book - the film is never as good.
9: Thing you miss most from your childhood?
Not wearing make up everyday. I can't leave the house without at least foundation on now. 
10: Joseph Gordon Levitt or Ryan Gosling?????
Ryan Gosling - he's got those lines that make smart girls do silly things. 
11: Favourite way to spend your weekend?
Either in my PJ's and not leaving the house, every needs a chill weekend once in a while!! Or Going out danicng with my girls and a dinner date with my boyfriend. He's a great cook. 


Now here is my list of questions:
  1. Who inspires you the most?
  2. What's your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?
  3. Have you ever called in sick to work to just have a duvet day?
  4. What are you most proud of in your life so far?
  5. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
  6. Where do you see your self in 5 years time?
  7. Do you have a bucket list? If yes, what's the weirdest thing on it?
  8. Do you have any fears? 
  9. What do you do to cheer yourself up?
  10. What's the make up item you could not live without?
  11. Who is your favourite blogger/ vlogger and why? 

Ok we're nearly there, now it is on to my list of nominations: 

Tara from Beauty and the Binge. I love recreating her looks on nights out -she's also really lovely. 

Sarah from Princesswatshername. I have only recently discovered her YouTube channel but she's so entertaining and does some great make up looks. 

Lisa from Scatterbrained - a really good friend of mine and a great blogger. 

Hannah from A Bullet to the Head she does some great OOTD and I do really like her style.

Megan Rose from A Little Bit of Make Up and Beauty a qualified MUA who knows what she's talking about.

Eimear Byrne MUA she has a YouTube Channel and a blog! Very talented.

Sarah from The Yellow Sunflower A blog I recently found but have really enjoyed readying.

Emma from The Make Up Buff who has written some great reviews and always full of tips.

Dani from The Glamour Nazi, she does some of the most amazing FOTD.

Emily from EmilyXO another recent find but who has definitely influenced some purchases recently.

Chloe from Nurse Fancy Pants a good blog that focuses on everything!

Audrey from The Nail Affair - some serious nail envy going on!!


Thanks again for the nominations. I really enjoyed writing this post. Let me know if you check out any of the blogs I mentioned above. I'm going to Tweet all the bloggers mentioned above to let them know I nominated them.

Talk soon
Avril

Xx










5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination :) What an interesting degree you have, sounds similar to what I want to do myself which I may have to ask you about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I have serious nail envy...mine just never grow! Ask away, if can impart any wisdom all the better. Send me the link if you do this post, I'd love to read your answers xx

      Delete
  2. Aww I love it! Thanks for the nomination Miss, I have to get mine done! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your are more then welcome!!

      P.s. Cocktails soon?? xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination :) I'll be sure to get around to doing it! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3