Monday, 25 February 2013

Blush Crush - MAC 'Stereo Rose'



Another quick post as I won't have access to edit my 'What's in my Bag?' video until Sunday night - staying in the boyfriends and internet issues at home. So I thought I would do a post about a product that featured in my first video - My January Favourites. Let me introduce Stereo Rose.



Ain't she just a beaut!! 

Stereo Rose is a Mineralized Skin Finish and was limited edition as part of the Apr├ęs Chic collection. As far as I know it was released back in 2010 so when the beauty heard about this rerelease that was much excitement. I went to MAC when this collection was first launched as I had heard so much about it. I didn't think of much of it on the stand to be honest. It was a nice pretty blush but I couldn't justisfy the price tag of €28. 

All that being said after reading reviews from Lilly Pebbles and Essie Button and actually seeing it on the skin in their posts,  I was sold. It has a lovely finish and gave them both a really healthy flush on their cheeks. After hearing all the beauty gurus talking about it,  I needed to own it but the tricky part was getting my hands on it. The only place in Dublin that had any in stock. I finally picked one up from Brown Thomas on Grafton Street - they had a few left by the time I got there. 

The powder is rose colour - hence the name and has gold shimmer running through it and when applied to the skin can almost appear coral. It is really pigmented so you have to be careful not to put too much on. As its so shimmery you don't need to wear it with a highlighter. My favourite way to wear Stereo Rose is with a little bit of MAC Harmony as a contour and then a bit of Stereo Rose just above it. I don't like it on the apples of my cheeks and I feel it makes them look too 'rosey'. I find myself reaching for this most mornings as it brightens up my whole face in one easy step. I'm so glad that I picked this up in then. 

It was limited edition so unfortunately it isn't currently available however there are a few places that you can try, if you are interested in this product. 

1. House of Fraser stock MAC products and they deliver free of charge to the store in Dublin. If you in Ireland, when you convert the prices to Euro it works out a few euro cheaper. The best part is they sometimes sell limited products from previous collections. Keep an eye out as you never know what might appear! 

2. MAC. It is currently out of stock and there's no guarantee that it will come back into stock but again if you are interested in, worth you while to have a look every once in a while. 

3. Ebay. You can get everything and anything on eBay. Just make sure you are buying from a good seller. Check their feedback and see if you can get pictures of the product before you buy it. 

Did you pick up Stereo Rose? What did you think of it? 

Avril
Xx

12 comments:

  1. I don't trust eBay for makeup xx

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a good few things from eBay - mostly NYX and I've never had a problem. My friend finds great deals on Stila and Benefit! :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to get my hands on that!

    Alyssa

    alytodgirltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so lovely! I've been wearing it most days x

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this, the type of colour I really go for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect spring/ summer shade - bright but not too shimmery x

      Delete
  4. Ugh one day I will own stereo rose, it looks too pretty to pass by!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye on the House of Fraser website - they had items recently from MAC collections that were over a year old!

      Delete
  5. I wasn't into the hype for this at all, but if I got my hands on it, I wouldn't complain!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same until I saw it on! I just love the finish!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, the color looks stunning - and I love the entire Apres Chic Collection...it gives you the perfect flushed look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! This will be my spring colour of choice :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3