Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Review of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

I had planned on taking loads of photos this weekend - products I've been using, swatches and make up looks but I stayed in the boyfriends and forgot to bring my camera. So this means until I can take some snaps all I can offer you is reviews - I know first world problems! Anyways, hope you enjoy!!

A few posts back I did a review on the Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallet. The same time I picked it up, I also picked up one of their setting sprays - All Nighter. I wanted a setting spray for a while and back in October I got the same size of MAC Fix+ but I thought it was too liquidy for my skin. When I sprayed it, I could feel drops of liquid running down my face. I thought it ruined my make instead of setting it. I did like to use it throughout the day to refresh my make up but I wasn't completely sold on it. I have always heard good things about the Urban Decay setting sprays so I decided to bite the bullet and pick one up as well.







I had a chat with one of the sales assistants about which spray would suit my skin type. In the range they have three different types: De-slick, All Nighter and Chill. De-Slick is an oil control setting spray, perfect for oily skin. All Nighter is a long lasting make up spray, great for those nights out full of dancing. Chill is cool and hydrating setting spray, probably best during warmer months.

She recommended All Nighter to me as although I don't have oily skin I get a few shiney patches throughout the day. And on top of that my make up doesn't seem to last all day in certain areas - even if I use a primer. The damage was €26.50 (the same price as the Naked Basic Pallets) and it also meant that I now have over €5 worth of points to spend in Debenhams now - they have a very good reward programme/ loyalty programme.

I have been using this most days since I picked it up and I can see a big difference. I do about three sprays - the right side of my face, middle and left after apply my make up and I'm good to go. It absorbs into the skin really quickly and it isn't as liquidy as MAC Fix+.

The make up around my chin and nose tends to disappear before lunch - the drawbacks of having an almost constant case of the sniffles. However my make up has been lasting much longer. I get home from work around 6.30 in the evening and I still have a full face of make up. The spray claims to offer 16 hour wear time but I haven't tested out that fact. If it gets me through the work day, I'm a very happy bunny. All in all, I think its a great product and something I will definitely invest in again.

Have you tried the Urban Decay Setting Sprays? What did you think?

Avril
Xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh I've been dying to try this out, might give it a go! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on if you pick it up xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using the Body Shop Vitamin E spray but I can't help but want to pick this up too!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that Body Shop one as well and again like the MAC Fix+ I found it slightly liquidy. I love this spray in comparison. xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh thanks for this review Avril, have been curious about this product! Sounds like one for the list! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! The setting spray is a nice product :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to pick it up again!

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3