Friday, 26 April 2013

Blaze a trail for CF in the Flora Mini Marathon



Just a bit of a quick post. This year I have decided to take part in the Flora Women’s Mini Marathon. As well as training for this event, I’ve joined the 'One in 1000' to raise money for CF Ireland. 


Cystic Fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. It affects about 1200 children and adults in Ireland alone. CF Ireland was established in 1963. They provide advice and support for people suffering with CF and their families. They advocate to improve services for suffers of CF and support research into the disease. CF Ireland need support to raise funds for there services.

One of my very good friends lost someone very close to her last year. He was suffering from CF. So to ensure that CF Ireland are able to support and help more families I hope you will help me. The fund raised through the marathon will provide new and additional isolation bed and treatment units for children and adults with CF in Ireland. 

If you’d like to make a donation – the link to mycharity page is here. All donations made go straight to CF Ireland.

If you would like more information or to join the ‘One in 1000’ team – check out CF Ireland’s website.

I really want to raise as much as possible so if you would be willing to Tweet this post or share it on Facebook or even your blog I would be so gratefull.

Thanks so much for reading and for your support!

Avril
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3