Friday, 19 April 2013

Lip Loves - Rimmel 'Apocalips' Review & Swatches



So I have another post about wonderful lip products for you. By now I'm sure you have all heard about Rimmel's latest lip offering Apocalips. I picked these three on the day they launched. I was so eager to get them that the lovely shop assistants in Boots hadn’t even fully put them out on the shelves yet. They kindly helped me by finding the colours I was looking for. I saw the 6 swatches on Fleur de Force’s blog around Christmas time so I already knew what shades I was going in to buy. Also on the day I went in, Boots was having a lovely 3 for 2 offer so it would have been rude not to pick up three. 



Luna, Nova & Stellar

The Apocalips are described as a lip Lacquer. This is basically a liquid lipstick. The texture of them is lovely really creamy and easy to apply. They are also very pigmented so a little goes a long way! 




Stellar

Stellar is the shade I was dying to get. Its right in between a red and a pink! It’s one of my go-to red’s now as its so bright- perfect for Summer. As it’s not a dark red it’s also suitable to wear during the day. I like to rock wear this shade on thsoe days were I'm lazy, i.e. I haven't really done my hair or make up properly. The statement lip makes it look as though I've put some effort in to my appearance! Thank god for statement lips!! 



Luna

Luna is a coral-nude. This has been one of favourite nude lips to pair with a dark smokey eye. Its almost like a really light orange or a nude with a hint of orange. It gorgeous and goes with most other colours. I like wearing this on nights out - I can can go OOT on the rest of my Face as the nude-ish lip will tie it all together. 



Nova

Nova is purple-based-pink. While it’s a not a bright pink its really wearable for both day-time and night-time. I’ve been really drawn to unusual shades of pink as of late and this is no exception. For me it’s a my-lips-but-better shade with a hint of purple. Just lovely! 

They are a liquid lipstick so they don’t have a glossy finish, but isn’t not a matte finish either. Think MAC Crème Sheen – a bit of a sheen but not overly glossy. They only downfall is that they transfer easily.

A lot of bloggers have tips for the best application process for these. The best tips I could give you would be to check out this amazing post by Orla at Make Up Over Mind. She takes you on a step by step guide for the best way to apply these. I warn you in advance that it may make you go out and buy some of the other shade like Big Bang! A true red which is to die for!! All in all I've been loving the Apocalips and you can always find at least one knocking around in my handbag. 



Have you tried any of the Apocolips range? What one was your favourite colour? 

Avril
Xx



6 comments:

  1. Great post Avril. I really am missing out on Luna and Stellar...so hard to resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Stellar. Its my go-to statement lip at the moment! x

      Delete
  2. I love the Apocolips range... I have the same 3 shades as you and adore them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much! Such good value too. Wore Stellar out to dinner last week and lasted the entire meal x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's lovely, kind of reminds me of MAC Up The Amp x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3