Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Hauling It #8 - Dainty Doll



Dainty Doll Blushes - Money Talks & Hippy Shake


Recently all my Irish Beauty bloggers seem to be going mad for Dainty Doll. Dainty Doll is a make up brand set up by Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud. Being quite pale her self, the aim was to create a brand specifically designed for fair skin. While the brand is not sold in Ireland there are many places you can order it online. Fragrance Direct seems to be the most popular place.

Before I discovered Fragrance Direct – I went to good old eBay on the hunt for some DD blushes. I bought a lot of make up (among other things) from eBay through the years – mostly products you can’t get in Ireland like NYX and Essie polishes. I’ve never had an issue with any of my orders.

I picked up Hippy Shake and Money Talks. I have been eyeing up these shades since the brand launched a few years ago but never got around to ordering them. Hippy Shake is lovely light purple shade. It is described as Lilac on the Dainty Doll website. It gives a lovely pop of colour without being overwhelming on fair skin. My favourite of the two is Money Talks. It is described as bronze but I think it’s more of a browny-rose. It can be used as a contour or as a blush. They have a very smooth consistency and blend just beautifully into the skin! I’m so happy with them! The mirrors on these blushes are quite big so they are the perfect addition to any make up make up bag. 

Have you tried any Dainty Doll products – what did you think?

Avril
xx











8 comments:

  1. I neeeeeeeed this in my life!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you - you would love Money Talks

      Delete
  2. Those are the two exact kind of blush shades that I love! Would you say these would be ok on not-so-fair skin, not too ashy?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they work. I've been wearing a lot of tan recently and they still look good on my skin tone x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Its so nice! It was the first one I got! Great pigmentation on them x

      Delete
  4. I should really dig out Hippy Shake, it's so pretty! Quite similar in colour to Full of Joy from MAC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? And so much cheaper too x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3