Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Perfect for Summer - Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB cream



I’ve noticed a lot of beauty tastes have been changing over the past few months. I used to be a lover of full coverage, matte finish foundations but now I find myself being drawn to lighter coverage with a dewy finish. I think it has something to do with the warmer months and I don’t want as much product on my face. This lead to me trying out some BB creams.

There has been a lot of hype about BB creams and more recently the CC cream and it’s only something I am starting to get my head around. If you don’t know BB cream is a Blemish Balm cream, basically like a tinted moisturizer but MUCH better. I’ve dabbled with a few both from Garnier  - their original BB cream and then there oil free offering for oily/ combination skin. I wasn’t really impressed by either but I hadn’t given up on the idea of finding one that worked for me.



Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB cream - Fair 


I have been recently using and loving the Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB cream*. And Kiehl’s offering has all that and then some. For one it has a whopping SPF 50!  I love the finish it gives my skin – a lovely dewy finish and feels really light on the skin. The coverage is also really good and buildable – while my blemishes and dark circles are not totally hidden only a small amount of concealer is needed to finish the job. 

There are 3 colour shades available fair, light and natural and the RRP is €29. I am usually the palest shade in any foundation range and the lightest shade 'Fair' is perfect for me. I also think that (if) I get some colour this Summer it will still work for me once I put a bit of bronzer over to blend into my neck. 




So now on to the name of the Kiehl’s BB cream  - Actively Correcting. Not only does this BB cream give your skin a lovely finish it also works on correcting skin discolorations, reducing the appearance of pores and fine lines. While I can’t say I’ve completely bought into the BB hype, but I am loving this cream – perfect for Summer as its not too heavy on the skin and lasts all day. I’m no longer left with those weird white patches on my face after a day in work.

When I use the BB cream, I tend to use a lot of cream based products – cream blusher, highlighter and eyeshadow. Overall it gives your skin a fresh dewy look – perfect when there’s a bit of sun shine.

Have you bought into the BB Hype? Have you tried Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifing BB cream?

Avril
Xx

*PR Sample 



3 comments:

  1. hey hun, just found your blog and i love it. i've followed you on blogger and bloglovin as well :) xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll you just made my day :) x

      Delete
  2. I love this BB Cream, covers all redness without being too full on :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3