Thursday, 9 May 2013

Summer Nails with Essie





I have loved Essie polishes for a good few years now. I got into them when I did a semester abroad in Toronto in 2009. I think the first one I got was the infamous Mint Candy Apple. After watching a recent video from Lily Pebbles on 'Colour Alternatives for Essie Polishes’ I went out and bought some of the Essie polishes she recommended. I know – not really the purpose of the video but they were just so lovely!! 




Swatches (2 coats) - 'Cute as a Button' & 'Splash of Grenadine' 

The two that I picked up are colours for Summer. I got ‘Cute as a Button’ and ‘Splash of Grenadine'. Cute as a Button is a pinky-coral shade and Splash of Grenadine described as a magenta pink. Both are really vibrant and bright, so even on days like today when your dreaming of the sun, these shades can help remind you Summer is coming. 

Nail varnish on my nails seems to chip after 1 days, even the polish I put on last night seems to have chipped.  But both of these polishes lasted a full week on my nails with minimal chips. I put on two coats and a little bit of Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Top Coat and I was good to go. Also tip - if your in Dublin don't buy the Essie polishes in Boots, they're about €13 but get yourself to a MacCabes Pharmacy where they are €10 and also do student discounts!! 

Have you tried any Essie polishes?? What was your favourite shade??

Avril
Xx

18 comments:

  1. I love Essie, I only have there wintery shades though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all their shade - such good quality :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I love BOTH these colours! I may have to treat myself to some next time I'm in Dundrum ;)

    Cute as a Button is especially lovely - but I love the blue tone of Splash of Grenadine. I just couldn't pick between the two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I really wanna get Lilacism and Tarte Deco next - their almost paler versions of these two x

      Delete
  3. Ooh thanks for the price tip, I bought one in boots the other day, il have to check out MacCabes!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - also check out Fragrance Direct's website. They sometimes have polishes for £2

      Delete
  4. Love these colours! My fave essie colour is Fiji.

    xx

    www.salvadora.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too! Was wearing it yesterday actually

      Delete
  5. Ah these are both beautiful, I don't own any essie polishes though because of the price tag, even though your MacCabes tip may allow me wiggle room to reconsider :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these colours are pretty - I especially like the look of Cute as a Button - perfect spring / summer colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is is - the perfect coral i think x

      Delete
  7. i have cute as a button and love it, never saw Splash of Grenadine , looks gorge.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving, keep taking it off and putting it back on x

      Delete
  8. Love the shades Essie bring out but I'm not a big fan of the polishes, they're really streaky on me :( Both of those are gorgeous colours though

    Ellie xo design | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two that go a bit streaky but the majority work really well, I love love all the colours x

      Delete
  9. Hi, which Boots in Dublin sells Essie??? I have only seen it in McCabes but can't get out to Dundrum at the mo' and want to get one for hols' tomorrow......??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Love, sorry only seeing this now - was sick the last few days. The Boots in Jervis sell them x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3