Monday, 1 July 2013

Lip Loves - Lipbalms from Nuxe, Soap & Glory and Korres




Everyone who knows me, knows I'm a hoarder of lip balms.  I have one in my desk in work, one beside my bed, one in boyfriends house and at least 2 in my bag. I would consider myself a connoisseur of lip balms. So far my all time favourite has been the reliable Burt's Bees but there have been three I'm loving at the moment. 

Nuxe Reve de Miel Baume Levres - This offering from Nuxe is an ultra-nourishing lip balm with honey. You can really feel how moisturising it is as you glide it on. I keep this balm beside my bed and I put some on right before bed. This means I wake up with velvety smooth lips ready for the day's lipstick application. I picked this balm up in the Marks & Spencer Beauty Halls, but that's another story. It's really lived up to my expectations. It works out at €13 for 15g, but a little bit goes a long way so it will last a long time. I've had mine for a few weeks now and I've only made a small dent on the top.  

Soap & Glory Smooch Operator - I read about Soap & Glory's offering on Emma's Blog Fluff and Fripperies, this post made me want everything but I limited myself to just the balm. This is a great lip balm for during the day. While it doesn't have a hint of colour but it does have a glossy texture, that works over lipstick to give a nice satin finish or underneath to give the lipstick a smooth application. Not to mention it smells to yummy. I can't remember exactly how much this was as I picked it up during one of Boots infamous 3 for 2 offers but I think it was approx €8 and its become one I find myself reaching for a lot over the last few weeks. 

Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate - Alot of bloggers have raved about the Korres Lip Butters but I've only recently gotten on the bandwagon (can't believe it took me so long). I picked up the colour 'Pomegranate'; a lovely peachy-reddish colour. Not a colour I'm normally drawn to but I love the way it looks on the lips. It gives a wash of colour and a shiny finish. Perfect for on-the-go application and as its a balm it doesn't dry out  your lips.The shea butter in the balm conditions and keeps your lips softened throughout the day. At approx. €9, not a bad price. 

What are your favourite lip balms at the moment? Are you like me and have a few on the go or stick the one?

Avril 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3