Monday, 29 July 2013

New Additions: Mane 'n Tail



I don't know about you but I was so excited when I heard that Mane n' Tail were going to be available in Ireland. I was lucky enough to try Colour Protect Shampoo* and Herbal Essentials Conditioner* and I've been using these both for a few weeks now. I'm really liking the shampoo. A little bit is needed and can be lathered up really easily. I have long(ish) hair, past my shoulder blades and I use about a 50 cent sized amount so this big bottle will last ages. 

I love how my hair feels after I use this shampoo, it feels really light weight and looks really shiney. It gives that glossy shine that's perfect for the summer days we have been enjoying recently. I also balayage my hair so the colour protection in the shampoo is perfect and I notice when I use this shampoo my blonde ends look more vibrant. 

While I've really enjoyed using the shampoo, I can't say the same about the conditioner. It's not that I don't like it, my hair just doesn't seem to get on with it. In theory it should be perfect as I love really hydrating products for my hair and it claims to strengthen and nourish. This is a conditioner that would be fine for someone with normal hair, it just doesn't give my dry hair enough of what it needs. I find myself having to use a lot of product to get the desired result. 

I do like the smell and the texture of this product but after I used it my hair felt very dry and brittle. I was a bit disappointed with this but I would really recommend the shampoo to someone who colours their hair. I really felt like it rejuvenated my colour. 

Have you tried Mane 'n Tail? What did you think of it?

Avril 
Xx

1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried it but have read a lot of mixed reviews which is a pity!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3