Monday, 5 August 2013

Hauling It #8 - Make up Forever




I am a bit of a sucker for Grab One deals and the likes and so far I've gotten on well with them. A good few weeks ago I got one Make Up Forever. €40 worth of products for €19, how could I say no? So after work one evening and through the lashings of rain, I took myself up to Make Up Forever to make the best use of voucher. 


Inspired by summer I picked up a coral blush and lipstick.

The Sculpting Blush in Shade 22 is gorgeous for those days where you want a very natural face. While it is more orange than coral in colour, don't be put off. It blends easily into the skin to give a natural flush of colour. Its also very pigmented so that a little goes a very long way.

I like blush to be a bit more noticeable on my face but I find this is easier to build a little bit at a time. This way it doesn't go cakey on your skin and this means you don't end up with a stripe of colour across your cheeks. No one likes that look, not even hardcore blush lovers. 

I also picked up one of the Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks in Shade 38. This is a matte finish and the shade is a pinky coral. I find myself reaching for this when I'm doing a darker smokey eye. while the colour is more vibrant that a nude lip - which is what I normally pair with a smokey eye. It's a good lip colour for summer, bright and easy to wear. It gives the perfect pop of colour and last for a good few hours without needing a top up. Great for those nights out dancing, where your too busy throwing shapes to be worrying if you've any lipstick still on.  

The only thing is, as its a matte finish it can be a bit drying on your lips, make sure to prep with some lip balm before putting on the lipstick. I usually put some lip balm on as I start putting on my face in the morning so by the time I start putting the lipstick the balm is fully absorbs and my lips are ready for the colour. Cheeky plug - I actually did a post on my favourite lip balms recently here

All in all I think I got some good products with my voucher.
Did you pick up this deal from Grab One? What did you get? 

Avril 
Xx

2 comments:

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3