Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Review of the YSL Babydoll Collection


I am a sucker for packaging and the new YSL Baby Doll collection has me swooning. The classic gold packaging is so elegant and sophisticated.The the products themselves are just divine. I have the Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils* and Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres in Rose Babydoll. 



First the mascara - I'm normally not a fan of the 'comb' wand, I prefer a bigger brush wand but everyone seems to rave about the YSL mascaras so I was looking forward to finally trying one. The mascara claims to give volume and I must admit that it does. The bristles on the wand are very fine so it can get right into the root and bring the product up to the tip. As the bristles are so fine it means that your whole lashes are coated. 


I really saw a difference when I started using it and find myself going without my flash lashes on nights out. I'm quite fond of where a few individual lashes on special occasion but as my lashes look so long, I find myself not needing the length.


I also picked up the Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres - this is a lip stain and its a gorgeous rose colour. The YSL lip stains were another product I've been itching to try for a long time and for me it has lived up to the hype.

I put this on at 7.30am before work and after lunch there there was still a hint of the colour on my lips. That's after a number of cups of tea and breakfast and lunch. It has great lasting power. I would recommend using a balm before applying as it can be a little bit drying. 




The mascara is retailing for €32.50 and the lip stain is €29.00. The lip stains normally retail for €33, so if your looking to try one these I would recommend this one. The lovely rose colour would suit most people. 

Have you tried anything from the Baby Doll collection? 
Or have I persuaded you to pick something up? 

Avril
Xx



(Excuse the early morning selfie)



2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the lip stain, have heard so many good things about it! May try the dupe first though:) Also really want that mascara. Looking great lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! So glad I got it. I've tried dupes but the lasting power isn't the same. The mascara is lovely! One of my favourites x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3