Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Brush Loves - Real Techniques Starter Set for Eyes

I mentioned the Real Technique Starter Set for Eyes in Boots Haul recently. I've been lusting after this set for a while and was trying to convince myself that I don't need it. I have lots of brushes and I could live without it. I caved and bought it and am so glad I have, the brushes are amazing and quickly become some of my favourite brushes.



Deluxe Crease Brush: I actually really like to use this brush for concealer. It's a little to bit for my eyes but the perfect size to blend and buff in concealer under the eyes and around the nose. This has quickly become one of my favourite make up brushes. 

Base Shadow Brush: This a great fluffy brush for putting on shadow all over the eye and blending out edges. It reminds me of the MAC 217 but slightly smaller. I love to use this for sweeping colour across the lid. 

Accent Brush: This is a a great multi-purpose brush. This great for applying a highlighter just under the brows and in the inner corner of the eyes. Its great for applying shadow right at the lash line. Its also a great brush for pin point concealing and even can be used as a lip brush. 

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush: This is a slightly thicker liner brushes than I am used to. Instead of using it for gel eyeliner, I love to use it with dark eye shadows such as black and browns to create definition at the lash line. This brush can also be used for pin point concealing. 

Brow Brush: This brow brush is lovely to use. I can't recommend enough how important a good brow brush is. They are so handy to have as they can also be used for to creating definition at the lash line and even creating cut crease looks. 

As you can see, most of these brushes are multi-use, something I've found with a lot of the Real Technique brushes. The whole set costs about €28 and includes a travel case. Really good value if you work if out, each brush is about €6. 

Have you tried the starter kit for eyes? If so, what's your favourite brush in the set? 

Avril
Xx

4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried it but the brushes look really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, I would really recommend them x

      Delete
  2. The deluxe crease is my favourite too and like you I use it for concealer under the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used my other brushes as much since I got this set, love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3