Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Beauty Bloggers Made Me Do It: Illamasqua Goodies




 I have wanted to get some goodies from illmasqua  for a long time but I never really knew what I wanted - so I hit the Internet to help me build a shopping list. Probably a bad idea as that list I created was quite long and I'm still adding to it. A few weeks ago there was a flash sale on the illmasqua website, so I went through my wish list and picked out the top three. On review of my choices I noticed that all three had been inspired my other beauty bloggers love affair with the products. 


When I posted up on Twitter I was looking for some help deciding on what to get from Illamasqua Dani from Glamour Nazi immediately recommended Gleam in Aurora. This is a cream based highlighter, similar to MAC's Color Creme Bases but Gleam has a more 'matte' finish. Well not really matte its just not as shiny on the skin. It give a nice glow, which is what you want from a highlighter. 

I have been wearing this most days since I bought it and I've hardly made a dent. A little bit really goes a long way. 


The next item on my shopping was a Pure Pigment in Ore. This one was inspired by Vivanna Does Make Up. On both her blog and Instagram she has talked about the pure pigments and as her recommendations have never steered me wrong in the past I knew I wanted to pick one of these up. And as a fellow lover of all brown and bronze eye shadows I went with Anna's recommendation Ore. This is a gorgeous deep brown with shimmer and glitter running through it. Perfect to add some sparkle for a night out. 


The final item I picked up was based on Lily Pebbles did on What I heart Today. I got Magnetism lipstick which is a gorgeous deep raspberry shade. I love berry lips for autumn and this is just perfect. It's so pigmented that you can apply it directly for a full on statement lip or just pat it on to create a wine stain on the lips. It has earned a spot in my handbag for a statement lip on the go. 


This is a an early morning picture of the three products on. Aurora is applied on top of the cheek bones, under the eyebrows and on the cupids bow as a highlighter, Ore is applied under the lashes for a little sparkle and I applied Magnetism lightly to create a stain effect. You can see all of the products are very versatile as I wore this look to work. 


When I started writing this post it turned into a 'Beauty Bloggers Made Me Do It' kinda of a post. I know there is a 'YouTube Made Me Do It Tag' so I'm not sure if this is a tag but I would to know what beauty blogger inspired purchases you have made?

Avril 
Xx



15 comments:

  1. I need 'Ore'. I need ALL the Illamasqua products actually. Obsessed is not the word. I have 'Magnetism' too and literally wore it every day for a week (unheard of for me) and had to pry it out of my hand in order to mix things up a little and shop my stash haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ore, I really want to get more of their pigments now. x

      Delete
  2. Love this! You look gorgeous in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful products and they look fantastic on you! You've inspired me to add these to my list now! Most of my purchases these days are beauty blogger inspired, I'm desperate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks doll, I would really recommend Aurora, its so lovely x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks doll, its such a nice colour for autumn x

      Delete
  5. You can really see the beauty of Aurora in that second pic, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can really see the beauty of Aurora in that second pic, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these all look incredible on you, I want Aurora now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I would really recommend it x

      Delete
  8. All of these look so, so nice! I think I need that pigment, such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, great for adding sparkle for nights out x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3