Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Boots Beauty Buys & The Perfect Base - Review of Bourjois Healthy Mix



I'm not sure about you but I can't even walk near a Boots without picking up a few bits - its a little bit of a problem. This tends to happen at least once a week so expect some more of these posts in the future.  I was there a few weeks ago and walked away with these babies. 

Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer in 2 Fair: I love this concealer and usually use Light under my eyes. While it is a high coverage concealer, it blends out evenly and brightens the under eye area. I got the shade up from Light in Fair to use on the days where I'm wearing tan. This is such a good concealer. 

Barry M Confetti Top Coat in Dolly Mixture: I am terrible at nail art, well nails in general so I like to get different top coats and glitters to liven up my nail looks. I got this Barry M Top Coat as it has lots of pastel colours in it. It looks really nice over a blue or pink. 

Bourjois Cream Blush No.3: I think cream blushes are amazing and really long lasting. They're great for long working days. I'm a huge fan of Bourjois offering and No. 3 also fits in with my love of all things orange. I have a few of these shades now and will do a full review shortly.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No.51: Everyone spends a long time searching for the perfect base and I think I've come quite close with the Bourjois Healthy Mix. It a lovely consistency and is really easy to apply. 

The coverage is medium but buildable and has a satin finish on the skin. It its an illuminating foundation but too shiney. It's quickly become one of my favourites and a foundation that I've purchased more than once. I usually got for shade 51, which is their lightest I think. 





Excuse the dazed and confused face it was early in morning and my hair looks a little different as I took this picture a while ago. 

Do you have this problem with Boots too? Have you tried Bourjois Healthy Mix?

Avril 
Xx

11 comments:

  1. Love healthy mix! Stays on great too.. That being said when I have a 16 hour day I mix it with rimmel 25 hour foundation for extra staying power:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good idea. Is that foundation good? I love Rimmel foundations. x

      Delete
  2. Really like healthy mix and it looks great on you. My only issue with it is I think its a smidge too yellow toned for me but it is a fantastic formula. I'm the exact same as you with nail art too, always end up getting interesting top coats to make up for it as well! Ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the Barry M tops coats for spicing up a nail look! x

      Delete
  3. I got the cream blush a few weeks ago and am hooked every since. It is the easiest thing to apply ever! Love the collection concealer too! Have been using nothing else lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with them! They're so nice on the skin x

      Delete
  4. Your skin looks gorgeous, beautiful base!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the things! Damn Boots! It's such a playground for beauty addicts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its so bad for my bank account x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3