Saturday, 12 October 2013

Hauls from Paris - Skin Care




Myself and the boyfriend went to Paris last month for a weekend away. After years of reading different beauty blogs, I one hell of a shopping list for the French pharmacies. Our first day was planned around a shopping trip to City Pharmacy so I could pick some some skin care goodies. On the second day we made an excursion to Sephora, the Boyfriend's Mom and Dad kindly gave me a voucher for Sephora so we HAD to go :)

Now on with the skin care: 

Caudalíe Beauty Elixir:  The beauty elixir is a mix between a toner and a hydrating face mist. As we were out and about all day, I kept the smaller size in my make up bag to refresh my make up. I liked it so much after using it for a day I went back and picked up the larger size as they were much better value. 

Caudalíe Lip Conditioner: Both this purchase and the one above were recommendations from Lisa Eldridge. There was a special on these lip balms so I picked up 2. These are a great lip balm for prepping for lipstick. They are very moisturising without being too glossy. Perfect lip balm for a girl on the go. 



Bioderma Sébium: Another purchase inspired by Lisa Eldridge. Her Paris Skin Care video really gave me a long wish list. This is for those who suffer from breakouts. Its a pore refiner that works to correct the appearance of the skin. I tend to get a lot of breakouts on my chin and am always looking for that savour product to help. Fingers crossed this is it! 

Phyto 7: The perfect smoothing serum for unruly hair. I read about this range on Donna's Not Just Inside blog before going to Paris so I was looking forward to picking up a something. I got 7 hydrating day dream which a serum for you hair. I like to use after blow dying to straightening to keep the ends of my hair smooth. 

Bioderma Hydrabio Brume: I picked this up while in the queue. I didn't bring any setting spray or toner with me when I was packing and I thought that this could work as both and it would be handy on the go. La Roche-Posay and Avene has similar products - a spray face mist. 

Bioderma Créaline H20: A cult product in the beauty world and one of my favourite make up removers. You can read my review here. I picked these as backups. You can't buy this in Ireland so I knew I was going to have to stock up when I get to Paris. 

Embryolisse Lait-Cremé Concentré: This item was near the top of shopping list. Pixiwoo and Make Up Over Mind are just a few of the beauty bloggers who have raved about this moisturiser and I can see why. It great under make up - really hydrates the skin without making it greasy. A new favourite. 

La Roche-Posay Serozinc: I only heard about this particular product a few weeks before I went to Paris. Dolly Rogue did a review about it and mentioned that you can only get it in Paris. Its a toner designed for people who suffer from break outs so as I mentioned before I'm always looking for something to help with this problem. I'm really liking it so far and tend to use it as part of night regime. 

That's all of the skin care I picked up. Using and loving all of my purchases! 
What are your French pharmacy recommendations?? 

Avril 
Xx

2 comments:

  1. What a great haul. I am addicted to skincare & love trying new things.
    The Caudalie lip balm is so good. I took it on holiday earlier this year & it kept my lips so hydrated on the 14 hour flight.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lip balm, already used up one of them :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3