Thursday, 17 October 2013

Moisture Boosts - Skin Care for the Winter Months


During the colder months my skin can become quite dry and dull. In order to keep it on tip top form I make sure to drink lots of water and get a good nights sleep. This doesn't always do the trick for me so here are some of the products I will be reaching for this Winter to keep my skin in good condition. 

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Masque*: This mask is perfect for a much needed injection of moisture. It is a re-hydrating mask that works to immediently infuse and retain water in the skin. I use this mask twice a week. I apply to the skin and leave it on for at least 10 minutes and then wipe off the excess with a tissue. Sometimes I would even leave it on over night, in the morning my skin looks much bright and healthier.

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Lips*: I love the Cicaplast Baume Cream, I've used just it just about everywhere I have dry skin - even on my lips. So when I heard that a specific lip balm was being released, I was a very happy blogger. This balm sooths and protects dry lips as well as working to rebuild the dry skin on your lips. It contains shea butter which is great for mositurising the skin. 

Vicky Aqualia Thermal Night Spa*: This is probably one of my favourite products at the moment. It is a dual nightly moisturiser and sleeping mask that works to hydrate that skin. I've been using this for a few weeks now and my skin just loves it. It combines Vichy's Thermal Spa Water with Hydraluronic Acid which works are re-plumping the skin and Aquabioryl (a new ingredient I've never heard of before) which is ultra-hydrating for he skin. To use it as a sleeping mask you just apply a thicker layer before going to sleep and when you wake up in the morning your skin will look refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

Indeed Labs Eysilix: I love the Hydraluronic Serum from Indeed Labs so when this eye cream was on a special offer in Boots I grabbed it. Its an eye cream that works at reducing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. The dehydrating ingredients also work towards fighting fine lines and crows feet - those dreaded words. Its one of the nicer eye creams I've used but as it is quite rich so I only tend to use this at nigh time after my Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa.

These are my go-products at the moment. All of which have quickly become firm favourites on the skin care shelf. What are your go to products to keep the moisture in your skin?

Avril
Xx

5 comments:

  1. Nice post ! i am definitely gonna try this skincare . just started to follow you here . hope u do the same :)
    http://www.ambifashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need that LRP masque!! Really interested in the Eysilix too, I quite like hydraluron so I may well be picking that up too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, really worth the price too. I will definitely re-purchase when this is used up x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! I love balms that have an applicator as well x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3