Tuesday, 26 November 2013

A New Base - Liquid Lift Foundation from Make Up Forever





I recently stopped by Make Up For Ever to exchange a concealer that had been colour matched wrong. When I got there I ended up exchanging it for a new foundation instead. Its was completely out of character, as I normally do some research on line before buying a new beauty product but the sales assistant helping me had the most beautiful finish on her skin. She said it was the Liquid Lift Foundation.

I was intrigued about the HD foundation but it all changed when I learnt more about Liquid Lift. This foundation gives your skin a dewy finish that lasts. It has a medium coverage but is buildable to a full coverage for those problem areas. Like in the name it gives  the skin a 'lifting' effect and evens out my skin tone giving my face a lovely glow.  I have the lightest shade 1 Porcelain. The foundation had a range of 15 to choose from so there is one to suit most skin tones. 

As the formula is hydrating and illuminating is it best suited for tired, dry or mature skin but if your interested in trying it, ask for a sample and see how it sits on your skin before committing to a purchase. The staff in Make Up Forever are really helpful and if you are ever unsure about a foundation, they are more than willing to give you samples to take home and try. 

It retails at €35 euro. The finish it gives reminds of Bourjois Healthy Mix but I feel that Liquid Lift settles on my skin better. While I love Healthy Mix, sometimes it does transfer especially when I hug someone. In saying that there is about €20 in the difference so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative Bourjois would be a good choice. 

Have you tried Liquid Lift? 

Avril 
Xx

2 comments:

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3