Tuesday, 3 December 2013

An Introduction to Dior






I found myself at the Dior counter in Brown Thomas recently picking Nail Glow ( I will talk about soon in another post) and let it slip that I was new to Dior as a cosmetic brand. One of lead make up artist from the UK was visiting and hosting a pop-up shop in Women's wear introducing the Christmas Collection. When they asked if I would like to sit down with him, of course I jumped at the chance. 

I met with the lovely David Graham and he took me through the brand, introducing me to some amazing products from prepping the skin to the finish touches. A lot of the products were created for use backstage at the Dior fashion shows, so they are all about ease of use while still delivering excellent results on the skin and an overall great look. 

Prep
The first product that David used on me was the Instant Cleansing Water. He applied it to a cotton pad and used it to remove all the make up and grime from my skin. It was so refreshing and not only did my skin feel cleansed afterwards but the cleanser also acts as a toner. The next product he applied was the One Essential Serum - while it is called a serum the texture is more like a cream. This is a multipurpose serum that hydrates, protects and repairs your skin. This was referred to as one of the must have items. The last product he used was the Hydralife Face Cream, a moisturising cream that can be applied day and night. It has anti-aging benefits as well as SPF. While all of these products are multi-use, they all feel amazing on the skin and give your face a little bit of luxury. 





Back Stage Basics
This collection of products was created for application back stage at fashion shows, everything is easy to use and quick to apply and suits almost everyone's skin type and tone. The first item David
used was the Diorskin Airflash CC Primer. It was sprayed from the can directly on my face and gave my skin tone an even look. While it is colour and silicone free but still evens out the skin's surface. The next item and possibly my favourite one, was the Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation in 200. Again David sprayed this directly from the can on your skin. I was so surprised at how much I like this foundation - I like foundations that have a dewy finishing and a buildable coverage but I can still see my freckles - not really asking for a lot. This foundation does all that and then some. Once applied and it gives your skin an amazing coverage but if you feel you need a little more, just spray a little bit on the back of your hand and apply directly with a foundation brush to the problem areas. This can also be applied used around the eyes instead of concealer, so this one can does so much as it is a liquid to powder finish. What's not to love? A quote from the lovely David himself. 

To set the foundation David sprayed Diorskin Airflash Matte Touch Powder. Again another spray but these guys are amazing. I would definitely recommend going to a Dior counter and trying them out. You'll soon fall in love. To add a bit of definition and colour to my face, Diorskin Rosy Glow Blusher was applied. This is a pink blusher that will adapt to your skin tone to give you a natural pink flush to your cheeks - as if you've just gone for a walk outside. 

For eyebrows David used Diorshow Brow Styler, a light taupe brown that can be built up in colour to suit everyone's eyebrows. The product is light so it gives your brows a naturally full finish. In order to get the most out of my lashes Diorshow Lash Maximiser was applied. This is both an eyelash primer and serum and works to strengthen and lengthen your lashes. It can even be applied at night as a treatment and on to the brows.  The mascara applied was the infamous Diorshow Blackout Mascara. A large brush that can apply product on all lashes. To finish off this natural look David applied Dior Addict Lip Glow - similar to Rosy Glow, this balm adapts to the tones in your lips and gives them a piny glow that suits you. 





The Added Extra
When applying my own make up at home, I'm the girl that always like that little extra so David created a contour using a darker shade of the Diorskin Airflash in 400. He sprayed it directly on to the areas that you would normally apply a contour - under the cheek bones, along the jawline and around the temples. As it was a spray it created a natural effect that wasn't cakey at all. For highlighter Golden Winter Shimmer in Gold from the Christmas Collection was applied. This a gold shimmer that is quite similar to Amber Diamonds and has a gorgeous effect on the skin. It catches the natural light without over glittering the skin. 

To add a bit of drama to the eyes David used Black Golden Winter Shadows from the Christmas Collection. The two plump tones were used to create a simple smokey eye and the black shadow was used as a liner. To complete the look Dior Addict Lip Maximiser was applied over the Lip Glow. The works the same as other lip plumping glosses. I loved the overall look as it was something I could create at home but still looks polished and sophisticated. 


Well that was my introduction to Dior - since this little make over I have purchased Airflash and am very excited to play around with it. Review of this will follow shortly. As this post was quite long (one of my longest) I will do a separate post on the Christmas Collection. All of the items I talked about are available from Dior counters. 

Let me know if you have also fallen for Dior! My wish list keeps growing. 

Avril
Xx










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3