Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Fighting Dry Skin This Winter







So not only do I have dry skin in the winter but my Eczema tends to flare up. Not exactly the best time for it as I tend to wear more tan to combat the whiteness of my winter and there’s nothing worse than applying tan on directly onto dry skin. There’s a few products I’ve been reaching for over the past few weeks that have been been a help and made huge improvements to the condition of my skin. 

The first is this duo from Grahams Natural Skin Care; the Bath Oil* and Calendulis Plus Cream*. Grahams is an Australian brands that has recently launched in the UK and works to target Eczema and Psoriasis. The products themselves are made from natural ingredients and works to nourish the skin and repair the protective barriers.

These are separate products but I've been using them together. I use the bath oil first and put 1-2 capfuls in the bath. I tend to do this on the days in between hair washes as you don't really want to wash your hair in the water as the oil doesn't fully mix in. After soaking in the bath for about 15 minutes, I get out and apply the Calendulis Plus cream on the areas needed. 

As these products are specifically for Eczema  I only apply the cream to the backs of my legs and elbows as these are my problem areas. My skin feels smoother all over after a soak in the oil and, on the mornings following an application of the cream, I've really noticed a difference. Especially around my elbows, the skin looks healthier and the texture feels smoother. 

The second product I've been loving for my dry skin is La Roche-Posay Lipikar Lait*. This is a body milk designed to reinforce the skin natural barrier, protecting it from the cold. I love this cream and only use it on my legs as these tend to be quite dry. The cream while light, feels incredibly moisturising on the skin. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave the skin feeling in any way tacky so it’s suitable to use after a morning shower before work.

On top if the products above I’ve been trying a few other things to improve my skin and keep it healthy over these colder months:
  • Drink more water
  • Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables
  • Gentle exercise 
  • Limiting heavy exfoiliaion and tanning for special events – Weddings and Christmas parties
  • Patting the skin dry (not rubbing)

I’ve noticed big improvements in my skin since introducing these all of this to the mix. I would love to know what your skin saviours have been this winter. Any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated! 

RRP Graham's Natural Bath Oil £22.02
RRP Graham  Calendulis Plus cream £21.33
 RRP La Roche-Posay Lipikar Lait €9.50

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, just wanted to let you know that someone is cloning your blog here: http://weneedcoffee.blogspot.ie/
    I noticed because the address used to be an old blog of mine. And funnily enough I'm in Ireland too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Trying to fix it now.

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3