Monday, 20 January 2014

A Fine Liner - Soap & Glory Supercat









I'm a big fan of eye liners, my holy grail is the amazing waterproof gel eye liner from Inglot. However it does take some time to apply on early mornings when I haven't fully awoken. Due to my very early starts at the moment, I tend to apply some (not all) of my make up on the commute to work. Yes I have become one of those women. Due to this I've had to re-think a lot of my make up bag so I needed something to replace the gel liner. Enter Soap & Glory.

I'd first heard about Supercat Liner after reading a  review on Emma's Blog Fluff and Fripperies and then most recently on Lily Pebbles blog . I really liked the sound of it. It wasn't the first marker liner I've used, I previously had a love affair with the Collection offering but I really didn't like the smell of it.

I really like Supercat as you can apply it a number of ways, see the swatch above. You can use the very tip of the pen and apply with very little pressure along the lash line. This will give you lashes an added fullness or you can apply with a little more pressure and get a thicher line, that will create a more pin up look. The brush also has some flexibility to help create those much loved flicks for a winged eye liner look. The colour is a very dark black and it drys matte. You can also layer up the colour to add more intensity, depending on what your looking for. The pen itself is also very sleek so it will fit into most make up bags for touch ups on the go.

 It retails for about €8 and is available from the majority of Boots stores. While the Collection Felt Liner is a few euro cheaper I would really recommend the Soap and Glory option,  as it doesn't  dry out as fast and keeps its dark black colour for longer. Just make sure to close it properly so it doesn't dry out.

Have you tried Supercat Liner? 

Avril
Xx

11 comments:

  1. This is my sister's favourite eye liner, it really is easy peasy to use and doesn't dry out quick like many others! Love the packaging too!

    www.beautythrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, one of the best liners I've used x

      Delete
  2. Must give this a try, haven't tried a marker type yet but for eyeliner have been using Sephora (liquid) or if I don't want too dramatic I've been using Eco Tools flat eyeliner brush wet to create eyeliners from any eyeshadow to match what I'm wearing.

    http://limesandstars.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tat as well but you can get a lot of fall out from the shadows x

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks good and sounds great!

    http://jen-theblondeblogger.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fab dark black eyeliner! I love this style of liner, I find it the most easy to use & get a precise line. I have never thought to pick this up, but I have added it to my list now.
    Great review
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of favourites, I've repurchased it a few times x

      Delete
  5. Ah thanks for the shout out lady - delighted you like it too! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyelining skills are excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, a lot of practice. You should have seen me when I first started x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3