Friday, 17 January 2014

Blurred Lines - Primers from Garnier and Clarins







Primers are a love or hate product. Some people swear by them and others think they are a waste of money. Personally, I'm a big fan of primers, my skin tends to get a bit shiny throughout the day so I use a good primer and make up setting spray to help lock it in for the day. My make up setting spray of choice is still Urban Decay, you can read my review about it here

My usual primer of choice is Inglot's offering, which features in my What's on my Face? #1 but recently I've been loving two new primers. One is an affordable option and one is a bit more of a  treat. 

Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur - This is a a smoothing primer that works to create an even skin tone. It's called the '5 Sec Blur' as it blurs the appearance of shine, fine lines, winkles and even pores in seconds. While I can't say if it blurs fine lines and winkles, it does work on pores and uneven skin tone. It also brightens up your complexion and holds the foundation in place for the day. I tend to get a little bit of shine on my t-zone thought the day no matter what primer I use, but I do really like this one. 

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - This was a treat to myself when I had some Debenhams Beauty Points to use. This is similar to the '5 Sec Blur' as it works to create an even skin tone and fills in any pores and fine lines. Both primers work at creating a smooth base but I find that I use less foundation when I use this primer from Clarins. It feels so soft on the skin and blends easily, meaning that a little covers the whole face. 

Both of these primers have a more silicone base so if that's not your bag these aren't really for you.  Personally I don't mind the silicone as I like the finish it gives. Garnier retails for approx. €9 euro and is available from Boots and most pharmacies. Clarins on the other had retails for about €28. I love both but if I had to pick one, I think it would have to be Clarins as my skin just feels so nice once applied, but both are sticking in the make up collection for a while! 

What is your primer of choice at the moment?

Avril
Xx

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that title made me laugh :) I have the Garnier primer also. I really like it. Although I think they're marketing it to be more than it is. It's a good primer, but now some miracle face product :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Clarins too and actually in the Summer I use their tan version of it, which is lovely too! haven't tried the garnier one but am really interested in it. Loved this post, I'm a big fan of primers and am always on the look out for a new one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh need to try the tan versions. Thanks doll, so happy you liked it x

      Delete
  3. I'm alternating between Benefit's Porefessional and a No 7 one at the minute... I really love using primers but my nose has a lot of redness and after a few hours no matter what primer or powder I use I end up looking like rudolph! :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, have you tried setting spray to help keep the foundation in place? x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3