Friday, 10 January 2014

Lancôme Holiday Collection 2013







Lancome’s Holiday Collection this year was just gorgeous. The packaging has taken inspiration from a traditional winter scence of snowflakes and sparkle. The collection itself features many products including a mascara (Hypnose Star Etincelle Edition), lipstick (L’absolu Rouge Swarovski) and nail varnish (Vernis in Love) to name but a few.

I was lucky enough to try the Hypôse Ultra Dazzling Colours Eyeshadows*. These are a very high concentrated pigment mixed with sparkle. They have a spongey ‘mousse’ texture, so this means they have a long lasting power on the lids.

I have DO 111 Diamant Argente, a sparkly silver and ST 301 Saphit Noir, a dark navy. Both colours come with a small brush for application. I used this to apply the product directly on to the lips over my eye shadow base. I put Diamant Argente in the inner corner and Saphit Noir on the rest of the lid. I blended the look out with a MAC 217 but any old blending brush would do.

The colours are very pigmented and can be applied in a number of different ways – heavy for full colour for an event or even a sheer covering for day time. They have a long lasting power and stayed on me for 7 hours without creasing. They remind me of Chanel Illusion D'ombre Long Wearing Eye Shadows in their consistency and finish. 

They retail for €27 each. While it’s on the pricer side of an eye shadow, a little goes a long way so this shadow would last you many party seasons, so think of it as an investment in sparkle.

Have you tried these shadows?

Avril
Xx

9 comments:

  1. Loving your photos lately lady! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, been trying out a few new things x

      Delete
  2. Love the way you have the eyes done here. You always look gorgeous! You should start doing tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, its one of my plans for the new year. Just have to figure our best way to film x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shades, these darker colour never really suit me, I wish they did! Looks lovely on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the blue one and the silver looks gorgeous too - I also have the green which again, is very pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely review. Visit and follow my blog, I will do the same as a return.
    http://sumitrastuff.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-12-23T05:11:00-08:00&max-results=3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3