Tuesday, 25 February 2014

A Collection of Scents for any Occassion

Perfumes have only become a recent obsession of mine. I never really understood the love of a good perfume before and only really had one on the go at a time. I used up a perfume and when it was empty I would buy another one. However that has all changed now and I have seen the light! What was I thinking only needing one perfume? What about going to a lazy Sunday lunch brunch? I really can't wear the same scent as a night out on the town, I would need something more subtle! So here is a quick list of three of my favourite perfumes at the moment and the occasions I would wear them.

The Everyday Stable - Roger and Gallet 'Citron'*; has found a new home in my work drawer as it is possibly the most perfect every day scent. I've even been sharing it with the girls in work! We're all a little bit in love. This is a Citrus fragrant water. The top notes are grapefruit, mint and watermelon. The middle notes are cardamom and basil and the base notes are cedar and musk. The scent is both light and refreshing perfect as we are coming into spring! 

The Night Out - Giorgio Armani ''*. This is one of the most unusual and lovely perfumes I've every tried. It smells sophisicated but it's not over powering. It has three cords - cassis nectar, modern chypre and a light musky wood. I tend to like my perfume quite strong scent and this is both musky and sweet. Perfect for a night on the town or a romantic dinner for two. I find myself reaching for this over my Flowerbomb but shhh don't tell the boyfriend! 

The Show Stopper - Chanel No. 5 is one of the most iconic perfumes. Its infamous and has been a favourite of celebrities for years. It was one of Marlyn Monroe's favourites as well. I got this for Christmas a few years ago and it was love at first sniff. It is quite a strong scent so I do tend to keep this for special osscaions when I want to put some on in the morning and want it to last the day. The top notes are aldehydes, bergamont, lemon, neroli and ylang-ylang. The middle is jasmine, rose, lily of the vallet and iris and the base is vetiver, sandelwood, vanilla, amber and patchouli. so there is a lot going on in this little bottle. 

I try to keep all of my perfumes in boxes and out of direct sunlight as I've heard that makes them last longer - I'm not sure how or why but it seems to be working so far. 

What are your favourite scents at the moment? 

Avril
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3