Thursday, 13 February 2014

#BOBBlogChallenge - 'Hair Heroes'

Well that week has flown in and now it's time for round two of Best of Beauty Blog Challenge and this week we are focusing on hair care. As you can see from the picture above I'm a little bit of a sucker for hair care, tools and styling products. The basket in the picture about is just about everything that is in my collection but what's are the best bits? Well I'll show you.


Following on from last week's post I'm going to take you through my hair care routine showcasing the best of each products so let's start at the beginning - washing your hair. I'm not very loyal when it comes to a shampoo and conditioner, I'm always swapping and changing but one shampoo I've repurchased more than once is the Boots Sensitive Expert Shampoo. This is great for really giving your hair a deep clean and getting rid of any build up of products. As this gets rid of all the dirt, grime and everything else I always follow up with a really moisturising conditioner or hair mask. One of my favourite hair masks is L'oreal Hair Expertise Ever Riche Mask Pot. Such a good and affordable hair mask that is great for dry, damaged and dyed hair. I have long hair that has been ombre-d and highlighted and this is great for getting my hair in a good condition.

Hair Tip: Use a wide tooth hair comb in the shower to brush through your conditioner or hair mask. It ensures product is worked through the hair but only put product on from below your ears and if it's too close to the roots it can cause your hair to get too oily and you won't get very long out of it before needing to wash again.

After a shower I need to brush out my hair and before I go near it it I need to spray on a de-tangler. I know its something that your mom used to use while brushing out your hair as a child but I really do need to use one. The best one I've ever used is the Ojon Dry Recovery Revitalising Moisture Mist, a multi-use product with a difference. You can read my full review of it here. After brush through with my comb I use some hair oil and serum and you really can't go wrong with this pair Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Serum and Phyto 7. Both have transformed my hair into something more manageable and silky smooth as they work actively to repair my hair.

Sometimes I let my hair dry naturally but if i'm using a hair dryer I always use some Tresemme Heat Defence Styling  Spray. I've one of these in my house and my boyfriends. I've been buying this projection spray for years and it's one I've always gone back too. And recently I've been using TiGi Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day Thickening Spray to build body and volume into the hair from the roots. I just spray it in and blow dry as usual.

On day two a little bit of a dry shampoo is a must and the best one I've ever use is new edition Lush No Drought. It's not in an aerosol but don't let it fool you, it does just as good of a job if not better. You can really get into the roots and apply were needed and worked it so  the white disappears. And if I've ever any styling needs I reach for none other than the L'oreal Elnett Hair Spray. Again this is a product I've been purchasing for years. An infamous hair spray that can be just brushed out.

Lastly I want to mention two of my favourite tools. Firstly the Tangle Teezer I've both the Original tut's in the picture above and the Compact Styler for my handbag. I wasn't too sure what the fuss was about these but as soon as I picked one up, I knew. They are a dream to use and literally get all of the tangles out in no time at all. The last item/tool is a good shower cap. I really don't like washing my hair every day but I do like to have a shower so a shower cap is a must. I picked this lovely polka dot number from Boots a year ago and has been instant rotation since then.

Well that's all for this week. Make sure to check out All The Buzz for all the other Hair Care Heroes this week or search #BOBBlogChallenge on Twitter!

Avril
Xx


22 comments:

  1. I'm a tangler teezer fan too, I have one on my list too but it's one of the original black ones, would have much preferred to get it in this hot pink. I also think your shower cap is so adorable and definitely something I've to get cause I don't wash my hair every day either. love the sound of the ojon mist, going to check out the review of it...great choices ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I always use my shower cap so it felt right to include it :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen the Ever Sleek mask on blogs before, really dying to try it!

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice and really good value x

      Delete
  3. The Lush No Drought dry shampoo sounds great! I use L'Oreal Elnett hairspray too, it's great for keeping my hairstyle in place. Getting lots of ideas from this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh a Shower cap! I Love my shower cap! I totally forgot to to put it in my favourites! I love the Ever Sleek Mask of the L'Oreal Ever Range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i saw that one on your post, puts check it out x

      Delete
  5. I've never used a hair mask before, after all the posts tonight, I think I'll need to get into them more. Also how adorable is your shower cap? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend a hair mask, great for some TLC x

      Delete
  6. This post is so not going to help my spending ban :P I love the Ever Riche range so I'm definitely going to be trying that mask at some stage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant detailed post, if only I put more effort into my haircare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks doll, a little goes a long way x

      Delete
  8. I've wanted that tangle teezer for aaaages now, I really need to just try it out! Great reviews :) xx

    rachraves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep meaning to order some Ojon after you recommended to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Do it, you won't be sorry x

      Delete
  10. Definitely need to try the Lush No Drought dry shampoo, it sounds great! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm wanting to try out some Ojon products, I've only heard good things abouth them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I need to get some of the Tresemme heat defence spray - I'm terrible for not using a heat protector! I've featured the Tangle Teezer and Elnett hairspray too they are amazing! :) x

    CatherineSarah

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3