Thursday, 20 February 2014

#BOBBlogChallenge 'Makeup Must Haves'









We are now on Week 3 of the Best of Beauty Blog Challenge and it has flown through. So far we've talked about our Skin Care Saviours and Hair Heroes and this week were are focusing on Makeup Must Haves.

I was going through my collection and picked out a few of my favourite items at the moment/items every girl should have in her collection. The first item is a good primer and the one I've been loving at the moment is Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, it also featured in my January Favourites post recently. It's lovely under a foundation as it gives your skin a gorgeous radiant finish. And after appling a foundation I always follow up with a setting spray. I love the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray but I've picked MAC Fixed + as it comes in this lovely hand bag friendly size and it can be used to prep the skin for foundation, lock in the foundation once its been applied and even refresh your make up throughout the day. 

I love a good concealer and I've included two here the first is the Collection Lasting Perfection. This a concealer a bit of a cult product among the beauty community and while its a full coverage concleaer, I do use it it under the eyes and on blemishes. I've also selected the NARS Radiant Creamy Radiant Concealer. This is a recent edition and featured in my recent Shop my Stash post. While I have yet to do a full review I can tell you that this is amazing and you need it in your life! Its light but gives a gorgeous finish and very good coverage. 

Up next is the Shu Uerma Eye Lash Curler, I never really thought I needed to invest in good eyelash curlers but boy was I wrong. These babies curl your lash like no other and they are also lovely to look at. I'm all about the brows at the moment they really shape your face with very little effort. And the Inglot Brow Crayon allows to fill in your brows, create shape and even add a little drama if you want all for minimal effort. I also strongly feel that every girl needs a red lipstick in her collection. It can be used in so many different ways from creating a strong bold lip, to patting in on for a really natural look or even apply to cheeks as a cream blush. I've picked the Inglot Lipstick Matte '408' as its the one I've been reaching for the most lately. Just the prettiest colour red! 

Finally on to the powders and I've a lot of eyeshadow pallets and I really think that if your going to invest in eyeshadows, you should really look into one of the Naked palettes by Urban Decay. You get 12 shadows for under €50. I've featured Naked 2 here as I've been using it a lot lately for both day time and night looks. These are also great for travelling as you can create numerous different looks with just this one palette. Another brow product I love is HD Brows Vamp Palette. I've used this pretty much everyday since I picked up. The shadows are lovely and soft and I've often used them for eyeshadows as well as filling in my brows. Finally I bring you on to the best bronzer of all time NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna. this was another purchase I wanted to get for ages but never got around to picking up but you can see how much I love it, only a few months old and I've already hit pan and I can safely say that this will be repurchased! 

Well that's all for this week. Be sure to check out Sam from All The Buzz for a list of the bloggers taking part so you can see what they're Makeup Must Haves. Or you can search the hashtag #BOBBlogChallange on Twitter and find everyone on there :)

Let me know what your must have items are! I'm always looking for things to add to my wish list. 

Avril 
Xx


26 comments:

  1. That’s the second post I’ve read featuring HD vamp palette! Also love the sound of the MAC Fixed +. And definitely a red lippie. Although I’m super scared of wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing. I really would recommend picking one up. No don't be scared, red lips are really easy to wear x

      Delete
  2. I need a bigger makeup budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see many of my faves here! I love your picks! MAC Fix + is such a great product!


    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes to the HD brows kit and to the concealer choices...actually all these products I love...such a gorgeous list...my fav is the lipstick, totally agree with you, every woman needs a statement red lippie ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few in my collection and love all of them equally :)

      Delete
  5. I love the Nars Laguna bronzer, I've featured it in my post too! I must be the only person in the world who has yet to own an Urban Decay Naked palette, I'll definitely need to invest in one soon! :) x

    CatherineSarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are really handy and such good value. x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's thanks to you and Nurse Fancy Pants that I picked it up x

      Delete
  7. I've had such a love/hate relationship with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, some days it works great for me and other days it seems to do nothing but make things worse. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't like it when I tried it first but now it's always in my handbag x

      Delete
  8. Snap on the eye lash curlers! great minds eh!? I'm a Naked 2 fan too! Must try that red from Inglot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah I spotted that! It's very lovely and not too drying on the lips x

      Delete
  9. You've featured a lot of products that are on my wish list, I seriously need to win a lottery ticket to purchase all I have on there. See u next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know the feeling! Thanks doll x

      Delete
  10. MAC Fixed is something I want to try, but yet another product that scares me!

    Great post (p.s. love the style of pics)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't be scared, its so easy to use and will become part of your every day rotation so quickly x

      Delete
  11. Ooh your stuff is so pretty! I have to try that Nars concealer, I love the collection one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the NARS concealer, a recent edition but so lovely on the skin x

      Delete
  12. I LOVE naked 2, think it's my fave naked palette, and you're so right - shu uemura curlers are amazing! The lipstick looks gorgeous too - I've never tried one from Inglot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it, such a pretty colour x

      Delete
  13. Great picks Avril! I'm a huge fan of the Nars concealer and Clarins flash balm! I still don't have naked 2 or 3! Need to sort that out! X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3