Thursday, 6 February 2014

#BOBBLOGChallenge 'Skin Care Saviours'




On a week of firsts, I'm also going to be taking part of my first beauty bloggers challenge. This is an 8 week challenge featuring the products that I think are the best in beauty. Each post will be uploaded on Thursday at 7pm and this week we are focusing on Skin Care. The lovely Sam from All The Buzz has organised all of this and I'm very excited to be taking part. If you would like to see the other 33 bloggers taking part in this challenge, check out Sam's post here for their details or search #BOBBLOGChallenge.

So what are my skin care saviour's? From the picture above you can see that there is quite a few. I'm not sure how the other beauty bloggers will be doing this but I'm going to show you all my favourite skin care products from cleansers and toners to masks and spot creams. Basically my most used products. I've battled issues with my skin for years but these products combined have really gotten everything under control.

Firstly I love to use micellar water to remove heavy eye make up and to refresh the skin. I usually reach for my trusty bottle of Bioderma but recently I've been trying the Ziaja Marine Algae* offering and I must say it's giving my Bioderma a run for its money. I put some of this on a large cotton wool and wipe around the face to remove make up in the evening or in the morning to wake up the skin. Sticking with cleansing my favourite cleanser is Merumaya Luxury Facial Wash*. I've reviewed this in detail here but this is one of the best cleansers I've used.

My holy grail of toners is Serozinc from La Roche-Posay. This is a toner designed for those who have oily skin or suffer from breakouts and it's been one of the best products I've used to get my skin under control, especially around that time of the month. The only downside is that it's not available in Ireland, but if you know someone going to Paris (and other cities) get them to pick you up one of these and you won't be sorry.

After toner I always apply a serum and the serum that is my saviour/holy grail/ can't live without is Lancome Genifique*! If you haven't tried it you should, the price tag is on the higher side at about 70 euro but it will completely transform your skin! I've also reviewed this here.

Serum is always followed by a moisturiser and Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre is a moisture I can not live without. I discovered this when I was in Paris back in September and it was on my shopping list. It's the perfect moisturiser for under make up or even at night. It hydrates and moisturises without creating an oily finish on the the skin, its also suitable for dry skin.

Now if for looking for a night cream that is even more hydrating then look no further than Vichy Aqualia Thermal*. A magically hydrating night cream that also doubles as a hydrating overnight mask. I'm just a sucker for duo products. This great when your skin needs a little more TLC after applying you can see results the next morning.

After I apply my face cream I always follow up with a good eye cream and Indeed Las Eysilix is one of the best eye creams I've tried. Its really moisturising and hydrating which is great for around the eye area. I've noticed a improvement around my eyes and they even look brighter. Indeed Labs have some great products focusing on hydrating and controlling your skin.

Now on to the added extras after cleansing and moisturising , I always like apply  a lip balm and while I have a few fighting for the top spot Burt's Bee Lip Balm has been a much loved addition. I can't tell you how many of these I've gone through but let's just say I always have at least 1 in my collection at all times. They're made from all natural ingredients and are very non-drying on the lips.

Every girls needs a good spot cream in her arsenal and mine is Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot*. I've never tried anything like it before. As I've said I do suffer from breakouts from time to time. My problem area is my chin. When I see or feel one coming on, I've applied a little bit of this and within a day or two it's usually cleared right up. This will be staying in my collection for a long time to come.

The last skin saviour I need to tell you about is Claudie Beauty Elixir. This another one of those miracle multi-use products. You can apply it as a primer by spraying the skin before applying the foundation, you can spray your skin after applying to set the foundation. You can use it as a toner or spray it on to refresh the skin. This is actually one of Lisa Eldridge's favourite product and if she likes it well than it's good enough for me!

Well that is all for this weeks instalment of Best of Beauty. Be sure to check out All The Buzz for links to the other bloggers posts. And let me know what are your skin saviours! I'm always willing to add to my collection.

Avril
Xx



15 comments:

  1. Love Serozinc!! I want to try the Ziaja Micellar water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my skin's favourite toner. Gutted it is starting to run out :(

      Delete
  2. Brilliant post Avril, I want it all!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot too and tried a sample of Vichy Aquila Thermal Night Spa, going to buy it once I've used up my Vichy Aquila Thermal Masque. :-) my #BOBBlogChallenge is over on www.bthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com if you'd like to read my post. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's become something I can't live without! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try serozinc and the caudilie!! I love my ziaja water too, its the only micellar water I've used so I don't know how it compares to others but I really like it - so cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such good value and a very good dupe for Bioderma!

      Delete
  5. I also put in the Lancome Genifique, it is so brilliant. Totally transformed my skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really has helped get mine under control

      Delete
  6. I've heard good things about Burts Bees lip balms, I'll need to get my hands on one soon! I love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir too! Great Post! :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great balm and really good value! x

      Delete
  7. You've just reminded me to start back using Advanced Genefique - no serum has every compared to it!

    I neeeeed to get Serozinc - can't believe they don't sell it here! Sad face :( x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breast Lift Delhi is a delicate method that requires a master restorative surgeon to dispense with frequencies of monstrous bosom lift scars 1 year later. For the best comes about on bosom lift surgery and guidance on breast scar lessening visit http://www.skindelhi.com/breast_implant_enlargement.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3