Friday, 28 February 2014

#BOBBlogChallenge - Week 4 Pamper Products





Well, we are here now at Week 4 of the Best of Beauty Blog Challenge and this week we are putting the focus on our favourite pamper products. For me, my pamper night is usually a Thursday (sometimes a Sunday). I spent most of my weekend over in the boyfriend's so I use my Thursdays to pamper myself instead of hauling my array of lotions and potions with me. I've my Thursday routine down to a fine art now.

First I have a quick shower and use a Clarifying Shampoo to get rid of the access product from the week of styling it and getting my hair ready for the weekend ahead. After clarifying my hair I always like to use a good hair mask to put back some moisture in it. You might recognise these two favourite's from Week 2 - Hair Heroes. My Boots Expert Clarifying Shampoo is a great clarifying shampoo and really purse friendly and this mask from L'oreal has really helped my hair look and feel healthier.

In preparation of some much needed tan I always make sure to use a good body scrub to get rid of any access dead skin cells. I've been loving this one from Sephora. You might remember it from my birthday goodie bag. It smells like roses and its too harsh on the skin.

If your going to do a pamper night, a face mask is a must! These are the two I have in rotation at the moment. Soap & Glory The Fab Pore Facial Peel is great for giving your skin a deep cleanse. using a grape size amount for your entire face, it works to break down impurities in the pores and give your skin a very deep cleanse. As this is a harsh cleanser, I tend to follow this up with this mask from La Roche-Posay Hydraphase mask to inject some much needed moisture.

After all of that prep work, I finish off my night by applying a little bit of colour and then curl up in bed watching a little bit of TV before bed. The tan I've been reaching for at the moment is the Karora CC Cream. I full review of there here, but its great as it evens out skin tone and gives a slight hint of colour. Great for this time of year, when you want to neutralise the paleness.

Well that's all for this week. Be sure to check out Sam at All The Buzz for the full list of bloggers taking part! Or just search the hash tag #BOBBlogChallenge for the action happening live. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Sam for organising this challange. One of my 101 Goals was to take part in a blog challenge and I've really been enjoying this. Looking forward to trying more in the future.

Avril
Xx




6 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised I haven't heard of that Soap & Glory mask before! Definitely adding that to my shopping list :) Great post!

    Aisling xx
    http://bl0ssombeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that La Roche Posay mask crop up in another BOB post, definitely want to check it out! It sounds fab!

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Soap & Glory mask is very alluring. I'm so wanting to try out some of their products as they don't sell them in my country. The grass is always greener on the other side, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get that hydraphase mask, I've been saying it for ages!! Also have that boots clarifying shampoo on my list now too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really go all out with your pampering, need to take a leaf out of your book....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Avril... I love that you have a pamper night it's so good to look after yourself :) With the face masks.... Do you think they would be suited for oily skin? I have quite an oily T-zone and then normal skin so I'd like to invest in some good new products x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3