Monday, 3 February 2014

Favourites - January 2014



Can you believe that it's February already? January seemed never ending so I'm thrilled it’s finally over but blogging over the last few weeks has been a little lack-luster as I've just been both under the weather and manic at work. Sticking to my goals I'm back today with my Monthly Favourites for January 2014. I was hoping to record a video for this but I need to invest in a good camera or just figure out to use mine probably....anyway sorry for rambling and lets get on with the show. 

January was a funny month for me with products, I've rediscovered a few old favourites, I’ve been trying some things that have been in my stash for a while but not gotten a proper airing and I’ve even been trying some newbies to my collection. 

For the basics my skin has been loving the combinations of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Bourjois Happy Light Foundation. Beauty Flash Balm was one of my January Sales purchases and it’s a primer/face mask. It gives my skin a lovely glow and dewy finish when used under a foundation. Happy Light on the other hand has been in my collection for a while but I’ve only discovered it this month and I'm hoping to have a video of first impression on some Bourjois products up shortly - keep an eye out of it. In the meantime Happy Light is a medium coverage but buildable and creates a lovely radiant finish on the skin.

Beauty tools that I’ve been reaching for this month are my Shu Uerma Eye Lash Curlers and Real Techniques Miracle Foundation Sponge. The eye lash curlers have become a staple since I picked it up a few months ago. While the RT sponge is a more recent edition that I’ve been using to apply concealer. I spotted this trick on a So Sue Me tutorial and I love how easily it blends the concealer under my eyes and around my nose and chin. It's also so easy to use. 

You may have noticed an increase in brow related posts over the past while as I have become completely brow obsessed. My current brow routine includes filling in my brows with Catrice Starlight Espresso Eye Shadow on an angled brush and applying my Inglot Brow Crayon over them to hold everything in place. Sticking with the eyes, I’ve also been obsessed with my Wet N' Wild Comfort Zone palette. I’ve used this pretty much every day in January. One side of the palette has 4 brown neutral shades while the other has 4 green shades – both within my comfort zones. Wet n’ Wild has recently launched in Ireland so I will have a post up soon about what I’ve picked up so far.

A few Lush products have appeared on my favourites list of this month, the No Drought Dry Shampoo is probably the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. It’s been on my wishlist for a while but when my trusty Batiste ran out I picked this up. You’ll also see two familiar items from recent reviews Shine So Bright Hair Balm just lives in my make up bag for use on the go and Bubblegum Lip Scrub has been helping to keep my lips in order. It scrubs away all of the dry skin. Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm, my holy grail of lip balms has been keeping my lips coniditoned and hydrated over the month as well.

Well that’s it for my monthly favourites, but I’ve a few interesting posts coming your way this week. I’ll be shopping my stash for products to use for this month as well putting together my February wishlist. I’m also taking part of the Best of Beauty Tag organsied by the lovely Sam from All The Buzz. The first post will be up on Thursday at 7pm! 

Avril

Xx

10 comments:

  1. I've become obsessed with my brows too, but after just rebleaching my hair, I need to figure out how to adapt my brow routine! I loved your review on the Inglot pencil, but I need to go check it out myself & see if it suits me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, there are a few colours available and I have the middle one so they should have one to suit x

      Delete
  2. Dying to try the Happy Light foundation but haven't seen it in my nearest Boots yet! Loving Comfort Zone too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely foundation, been reaching for it nearly every day. x

      Delete
  3. Great choice, really want to try that miracle sponge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. I wasn't sure about it at first but once I used it once I was hooked x

      Delete
  4. I am in love with starlight espresso - never used it on my brows before, will have to give it a whirl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best matches to my brows, and has lovely coverage x

      Delete
  5. I'd love to see a first impression of that Bourjois foundation, have been thinking of getting it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, just need to edit the video so hopefully have it up this week x

      Delete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3