Monday, 3 March 2014

My Wet n Wild Collection...so far





A few weeks ago a truly magical day happened as Wet n Wild launched in Ireland! It would be fair to say I was excited upon finding out and you could also say I power-walked my way from Ballsbridge to the Dunnes in Stephens Green to get my fix!

I already had a few palettes from friends and family going over to the States and the eye shadows are pretty spectacular. They are butteryeasy to blend and have a lot of pigment for something so inexpensive! But the amazing thing is that the majority of the shades (or at least the ones I’ve tried) are dupes for MAC shadows.

For example my first and probably favourite palette is 'Walking on Eggshells', which is great for creating easy day looks with minimal effort. The pinky/champagne colour in this palette is so similar to one of my favourite shadows from MAC called ‘All The Glitters’. The Wet n Wild option is slightly more pink than the MAC version but once applied to the lid they are almost identical. Another palette that has MAC dupes is ‘Petal Pusher’, which is full of different shadows of purples and great for more dramatic looks. The dark purple in the right hand side is so similar to ‘Beauty Marked’ from MAC and the black colour with silver glitter offers an exact match to ‘Black Tied’.

On top of the two palettes mentioned above I have quite a few more eye shadows in my collection.  With 4 neutrals and 4 greens, ‘Comfort Zone’ is a great palette for making green eyes pop as well as creating every day neutral looks. ‘Silent Treatment’ is just what you need for a traditional smokey eye looks. This reminds me of the ‘Smokin' Eye Palette’ from Benefit. I’ve also picked up two of the single shadows in ‘Nutty’ and ‘Brûlée’.

As well has giving us incredible eyeshadows, the nail varnishes are also pretty epic. I’ve only picked up two of these so far; a blue-green called ‘In need of a Refresh-mint’ and a soft red called ‘Love Haze’. These have a great lasting power and only need one coat before your good to go. I had 'In need of a Refresh-mint' on my nails for the best part if last week and my the time I went to change it I had minimal chips. 

Now on with the costs, the 8 pan palettes are under €7 while the trios are about €5, the single shadows are about €2. and finally the nail varnishes are around €3. The prices are amazing for the product your getting. Everything I've tried so far I've been so impressed with. I can't wait to discover more from the brand over the next few months — I’ve got my eye on quite a few of the lipsticks. 

Let me know what bits you’ve picked up from Wet n Wild. I’m always open to adding more to my wish list :)

Avril 
Xx

7 comments:

  1. I just got the blush in pearlescent pink and this black/silver glitter nail varnish - haven't tried either of them yet though! Loving their lipstick in rose bud - it's just a perfect natural colour! I haven't gotten any of their eyeshadows - I keep meaning to but just keep getting distracted by everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try one of those big eyeshadow palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Walking on Eggshells pallet too and that pinky shade is SO similar to All That Glitters, a great and extremely affordable dupe!

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That In Need of a Refresh-Mint look adorable! I must keep an eye out for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking on eggshells is one of my fave palettes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 of the smaller palettes, I cant wait to get one of the bigger palettes, they look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your collection, Wet n Wild eyeshadows are such great quality & so affordable.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3