Thursday, 20 March 2014

Review of Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara and Eye Pencil







Every girl needs a good mascara, they are the staple for most looks and can wake up your whole face with just one coat! I've recently been loving this mascara* from Eye of Horus. Eye of Horus is a relatively new brand to the UK and Ireland but a cult brand in Australia. All of the products are paraben-free and use essential oils and natural waxes. They also don't test on animals!

Now on to the 'Goddess Mascara'. This was the first product created by the brand. It says it all in the name really, if it's good enough to be referred to as a goddess, it's good enough for me  The brush  in my experience, is very unusual in the shape. It's curved but straight and the bristles are rubber. I'm not usually a big fan of rubber bristles but I have been loving this one. It holds a curl in my lash really well and lasts though the day. I also don't get that flakey, stiff lash feeling.

It's a good option for sensitive eyes as it contains Morgina Oil which is rich in vitamins, fatty acids and even anti-oxidants. all this combined means that this mascara also works to strengthen your lashes! It's so sensitive you can even apply it on top of lash extensions.

I've also been trying out one of their new Goddess Eye Pencil in Jewel Amethyst. It was inspired by this year's patone colour Radiant Orchid! I have been loving using this over the last few week as a pop of colour. It's a nice change from black. I like apply is around the corners of my lashes to frame them. Then I blend it out to give a smudged, smoked out effect.

All in all, I can't wait to try more from the range, I've been more than happy with the items I've gathered so far. They are available from both the Eye of Horus website and the Cocktail Cosmetics website and both sip directly to Ireland!

What's your favourite mascara at the moment?

Avril 
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3