Monday, 7 April 2014

A Collection of Salt Sprays



I'm a big fan of big hair and those artfully, styled messy looks. While it can take numerous products to achieve this look from volumising powder to thickening sprays and even a curling wand - a sea salt spray will help you get this look in no time at all!



You can apply a salt spray to either wet or dry hair to create a sculpted, messy beach-style hair. You spray it on to the hair in sections, and tousle to create the desired effect. Overall, I find its best to use a sea salt spray when your hair is a little damp as it will dry in the style you want.

I have been using different sea salt sprays for about a year and have gathered a few in my collection. Here are some notes on the three I have:

L'oreal Studio Matt & Messy Shine-Free Salt Spray - This was the first salt spray I picked it up, I had heard it was a good dupe for Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray (which I had picked up later) so when I saw it was on special offer it was a no brainer. I prefer to apply this particular spray on dry hair as it can create can leave your hair feeling a little straw like if you apply to wet hair and let it dry. I like the spray for creating volume and body but overall for me it doesn't create beach-style curls in my hair. My hair is naturally straight so that could have something to do with it. For about €5 you really can't go wrong and it a good spray to get to grips with.

Lush Sea Spray Hair Mist - I picked this up on one of homeward board trips to Lush, after talking to the sales assistant I left a happy customer! This is so similar to the Bumble and Bumble offering and I find myself reach for it over and over. You can apply to wet, damp and even dry hair to create a multitude of looks. I use this most days for creating texture, for up-dos such as messy buns and to add a little volume on second day hair! I can't remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure it was under €15.

Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray - I think Surf Spray is the holy grail when it comes to sea salt sprays, it was the first one on my wish list and has lived up to all of my expectations! I did a review on this that you can find here. It can help you create beach-stlye waves in no time a lot and makes creating messy up-dos a breeze. It retails for about €28 but to me is so worth it.

Well that's all for now, I would love to know what your thoughts are on Sea Salt Sprays?

Stay gorgeous and speak soon,

Avril
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3