Sunday, 13 April 2014

I've been shopping...Hourglass Haul


Happy Monday everyone, today I'm hauling' it with some goodies from Hourglass!!!










The Hourglass Ambient Light Blush collection launched back in February. I was so excited for this, I actually had a count down on my calendar. So, when Harvey Nichols in Dundrum were having a launch with top makeup artists from the UK, I signed myself up instantly. The make overs cost €15 which was redeemable against products. The amazing artists took the time to explain more about each product to me as I was so new to the Hourglass brand. At the end of the session I picked up a few items - I would have bought more but unfortunately some of products I was looking for were out of stock :(

Arch in 'Soft Brunette' - I have had my eye on the Tom Ford version this brow crayon for a while but just couldn't fork out for it so when I spotted this at the Hourglass counter my interest peaked. This one has ended up in my make up bag as I've reach for it most mornings. It's perfect for shaping and filing in the brows within seconds. I also featured it in my Morning Saviour's post for GoMetro.ie

Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Mood Exposure' - This was the real reason for the make over, Mood Exposure. Ain't she just gorgeous! This is the perfect natural blush for me. It uses the Mood Ambient Lighting Powder which was the original powder created by Hourglass. It gives your skin the effect of being pink lighting which is apparently the most flattering light for our skin, at least this is what the makeup artist told me. These blushes are hand milled so each one looks different in the pan. The blushes contain pigments of the blush colour mixed with one of the ambient light powders. Like the powders the blushes can be worn alone or layered up.

What I loved most about this blush is that you can use it in a multitude of ways, I use it as a contour/blush and a crease eyeshadow to blend out the colour I had on. I will definitely be going back to pick up another blush...just haven't decided which one yet...

Film Noir Mascara - I bought two products, so I was also given two small samples. The first was the Film Noir Mascara. The makeup artist raved about it, saying that it was her favourite mascara of all time and I can see why. Its a really deep dark black that lengthen you lashes, apply the product to the very tip and holds a curl.

Mineral Viel Primer-This primer promises to veil your skin and blur all imperfections to give you that perfect, 'photoshopped' look. It fills in pores, hides redness and covers imperfections. On good skin days you could wear this and a little concealer.It reminds me of the Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur but I think the Veil Primer Primer, although a good bit more expensive, does a good bit more for the skin.

The next item on my wish list is the amazing No. 2 Brush from Hourlgass. The makeup artist used this to apply the primer, foundation, buff in concealers and apply all powders - blush and contour. This magical brush does a little bit of everything. Also the limited edition Ambient Lighting Palette is coming back and hopefully to a counter near us!

Stay gorgeous and speak soon,

Avril
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3