Monday, 9 June 2014

New best friends: Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting CC Cream & Eco Tools Skin Perfecting Brush


There is a new winning combo that have made their way into my collection and I'm surprised by how much I like them!


BB, CC, and even DD creams are all the range. These beauty balms are popular for their multi-tasking formulas and ability to hydrate and even out skin tone.  Plus, some formulas contain antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients.  Chances are at this stage you’ve tried one, and you've either used a brush or your fingers to apply it. Well this little combo is just the ticket for dewy radiant skin!! 
I recently did a post on Gometro.ie all about some of my favourite lighter bases so you might recognise this one, the Bourjois 123 Prefect Colour Correcting Cream. At €13.99 it's a real bargain. The formula is made up of three different colour pigments:
  • Apricot for anti-fatigue
  • Green for anti-redness
  • White for anti-dark spots. 
The CC cream itself is a light weight base but can be built up to medium coverage. I find it really luminates the skin and brightens the complexion! It also has an SPF of 15. Since the sun has been shining so much in Dublin I find myself reaching for this over fuller coverage bases. It hides what I need but lets my skin breathe. It also has a good lasting power, needing minimal management throughout the day. 
So normally I would apply CC creams snd the likes with my fingers but I've found this brush from EcoTools and been using it to apply and blend it in. The Skin Perfection Brush was specifically created for all if these BB and CC creams and helps you get a smoother finish. 

When you use your fingers you can transfer oils and the finish can be streaky or blotchy, so I tend to prefer using brushes. The shape of this one from Eco Tools means it can get to all those hard to reach places under the eyes and around the nose. A bonus of using a clean brush over your fingers is that the transfer of oils can lead to breakouts and no one wants that!! The brush will also be softer on any breakouts that are currently there. All this for only €8.99, it would be rude not too! 

Have you tried using a brush to apply CC Creams?

Until next time stay gorgeous,

Avril
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3