Monday, 23 June 2014

Winning duo from YSL: Babydoll Kiss & Blush and Gloss Volupte



So I seem to have become a fan of duos lately. I did a post recently on a foundation combo from Bourjois and Eco Tools which I will link here. Today's lip duo are both from YSL and there is really nothing like taking a YSL lip product out of your handbag to apply. The packaging is always show stopping.




I love multi-use products, a one stop shop that you can chunk in the makeup bag and the first of my duo is just that. The new Kiss & Blush range are a lip and cheek 'mousse'. The texture is light and blends into the cheeks leaving a hint of a colour and on the lips it have a satin matte finish that is light and easy to wear. 

I have the shade 10 Nude Insolent* and it helps give me that Kylie Jenner infamous nude lip that everyone is looking for. It is a browny almost reddish nude. On the cheeks it blends out quite sheer but the colour is buildable. While I do like to use the applicator to apply the product to my lips, it has a hidden 'pearl' section which disperses the product evenly. The applicator is also on an angle that perfectly fits your lips. For applying onto the cheeks I perfect to put some product on my foundation brush and apply on the skin. For me I think this works best. Once you've set it with a powder, the colour lasts most of the day. 

To finish off the duo and the lips, I've been loving the Gloss Volupte in 20 Nude Carat. This is a neutral shade with a little gold sparkle in it. It's not too overpowering once applied just gives a little extra simmer. It has the same applicator as the Kiss & Blush so you don't even need a mirror to apply it just glides on directly. The texture isn't sticky like some glosses can be so your hair is safe. It has a n most 'wet look' finish which I really like. While glosses tend to last only a couple of hours on the lips, the colour underneath lasted through a coffee and lunch for me, so it's really long wearing. 

The finished look is easy to wear but chic. I've been wearing this a lot for work as it goes with everything. The Kiss & Blush retail for €30. I really want to pick up a brighter colour like 01 Fuchsia Desinvolte. I've seen Vivanna Does Makeup wearing it and it looks like my kind of colour! The Gloss Volupte cost about €25 and both are available now. 

Let me know about any duos you've been loving recently. 

Until next time, stay beautiful!

Avril
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3