Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Review: Roger & Gallet Fleur De Figuier Ultra Nourishing Oil


I love a good body oil, especially as we go into the colder months as they really get down and hydrate the skin. It's even better when that oil is a multi-use product.


Roger & Gallet Fleur De Figuier Ultra Nourishing Oil* is just the ticket as this bottle does so much. Firstly, it smells divine. If you haven't tried anything from the Fleur De Figuier range from Roger and Gallet you need to get yourself to your local pharmacy stat and give it a sniff (you're welcome in advance).

Secondly, it's great for dry skin. It absorbs into the skin instantly leaving the skin feeling nourished and hydrated but not sticky. As it's a dry oil it can also be applied to the ends of hair for a little extra TLC. Be sure to stick to the end of the hair as if you apply to much oil it can look greasy.

The oil contains 10 plant cells that give the skin a satin sheen once applied.it also contains almond oil, apricot oil and passion-flower oil all with omega 6 and 9, vitamins A, E, F and k that will soften and hydrate the skin.

I usually apply this after a shower or a bath. I find the oil absorbs better on a damp skin, than dry skin. On dry is can take a little longer to fully sink it. I love to apply this the day before I'm apply a tan to ensure that all dry patches are hydrated and softened. I focus in particular on the knees, ankles and elbows. Make sure to apply it the day before as the oil will make it difficult to apply the tan so make sure to rinse before starting any application.

As I've said the oil has many different uses and here are the suggests from Roger & Gallet:
  1. Spray a couple of pumps into the palm of your hand, then warm the oil to increase the absorption into the skin.
  2. It's smooth texture means that it's suitable to use a massage oil. 
  3. You can apply on your chest area and legs for a seductive glow on nights out. 
  4. Pay particular attention to dryer area of the skin and where the skin in thicker to leave the skin feeling smooth supple. 
  5. For hair just give a quick spray in the evening to create a protective film over the tips that will leave the hair looking sleek and smelling amazing. You can spray directly on to your hairbrush before running it through the hair tips. 
  6. Also a couple of drops in bath water can help you unwind and relax. 
This little bottle does so much and a little really does go along way. I've been using this bottle for a few months and still have loads left. I would prefer if it wasn't in a glass bottle as I'm always scared it will slide out of my hands when I'm applying it, but if that is the only downside I think we're alright. 

Are you converted to dry oils yet, they've become an everyday staple for me? 

Until next time, stay beautiful!

Avril
Xx

RRP Fleur De Figuier Ultra Nourishing Oil €26.95

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff so much - wore it constantly in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3