Monday, 3 November 2014

Big hair, don't care- Review of the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray



I don't where my obsession with big hair started. It was long before the days of ,Toddlers and Tiara's. and they're pageant hair but i do love a bit of volume!




This love of volume has lead me to forking out quite a bit on styling products over the past few years. It even made me walk into Space NK one fine day and walk out, €19 down and a new toy to play with; Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. Now I've very familiar with sea salt sprays ( read all about my collection here) but I've never tried any texturizing sprays. After reading review after review praising Oribe's offering I knew it was the one to try!

What does a dry texturizing spray do? It does what is says on the tin and basically creates texture. I prefer to use it on second and even third day hair and there are a few different ways you can use it. You can spray it on the mid-lenght of your hair,  from your ear down to create some body and texture. Just spray and tousle your hair and you're done. Or you can apply directly on to the roots to create some body. This spray from Oribe also works as a hair spray of sorts so after a little bit of back combing you can spray it on the hair and it will keep the shape for most of the day. I've done both in the picture above.

It's also a good one for taming any fly aways, just spray a little bit on to a brush and comb them into your hair and they'll stay put for the day! Unlike the sea salt spay you hair won't be dry or brittle, it will still keep some of its shine. This dry texturising spray can even be used as an alternative to dry shampoo, now while it won't soak up all the excess oil like a dry shampoo it will help create body and shape to keep your hair in a style all day. I still can't put down the dry shampoo so I usually use Oribe spray in conjunction with my Lush 'No Drought' Dry Shampoo.

I've had this little bottle for nearly 9 months now and I use it every other day there's still a bit left. While it was on the pricey side it has lasted! Never fear there is an alternative, if the €19 is out of your price range but you are in need some texture. Check out Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray. It works out at €8.99 and comes in a very close second to Oribe. Sometimes the Charles Worthington version can leave my hair a little straw like and I find I've to use a bit more hair spray over it to keep the look but overall its a great spray for volume!

While the Oribe is a bit more of an investment I wasn't disappointed.
Have you tried any Dry Texturising Sprays? Let me know which ones you're loving!

After a much longer hiatus than I planned, a somewhat regular blogging schedule will be resumed! If there are any posts you would like to see please let me know and I will include them in my schedule :)

Thanks for sticking with me

Avril
Xx

2 comments:

  1. Adore your hair colour, lady! That's some amount of volume too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended) it gives great lift to your hair. Will have to put it on my must haves list!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so leave one below and I'll get back to you soon <3